• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Can you make an MT wheelie?

Sandman_73

Simple question can you make one of these things wheelie? Anyone have one that does and if so what does it take?

Ice_2k

I'm sure you can get it to wheelie with one of OBR's 9hp engines, a high rev clutch (maybe 10k) and a locked rear diff but you're gonna run into all sorts of trouble with the drive components

Last edited by a moderator:

Ildy666

IDK. it's mid engine mounted .so u need the weight in the rear and even then 9hp obr won't make it wheelie atleast not a proper one like Rob stated...

Prove me wrong i guess

GCraig

RampageHopUps said:
There are electric MTs that can do wheelies. I've never seen a gas powered MT do a proper wheelie.
That's because the gas mt's weight 36 pounds and the engine doesn't have enough power to lift the front wheels off the ground..

tha nemesis

yah mine is a 3rd gen mt with a 2028 , xl2 on 6s .. i run xbe gearing .. 41t spur gear and a 16t pinion .. i tried a 18t pinion but it keeps sliding off .. even with red thread locker on it .. if i can i will try to post video tomorrow .. btw .. how do i post videos to here

GCraig

The mt is too heavy to wheelie. These trucks weigh 36 pounds.

Ildy666

tha nemesis said:
watch my updated video and see a mt wheelie
Again we are talking about a gas version wheelieing.we know your electric can get it done .if u can get a gas version to do a proper wheelie that's what I want to see....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts