• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Can servos be repaired?

grizzledcamudgen

I have a servo with a broken off screw head, I tried to drill a hole in the remainder to extract the rest of the screw and got crooked, I believe I might have messed up the threads! This is for the horn screw.

Can that part be replaced or do I chuck it and buy a new one?

I still bought a new one but I was wondering if this could be salvaged.

I about freaked after seeing this!!! :eek: This servo is a brand new Hitec with NO time at all on it!! Its like taking a 50 and starting your fireplace with it! :( :(

really bummed,

~griz

grizzledcamudgen

RampageHopUps said:
No, its way too easy!! 4 screws and the case comes apart.
Yeah, I just noticed that!

I have a local store who carries the gears, I'll pick them up tomorrow on my way to work!

Thanks everyone!

I'll have my truck up and running next weekend, hopefully!

CASE CLOSED

Obeast44

Banned
Hey Grizzled, if you don't feel comfortable doing it just buy the needed gear and when I am up there at LargescaleRC on Sept. 25th I will show ya how easy it is.

grizzledcamudgen

Obeast44 said:
Hey Grizzled, if you don't feel comfortable doing it just buy the needed gear and when I am up there at LargescaleRC on Sept. 25th I will show ya how easy it is.
That is soo thoughtful of you! I appreciate that a lot! I think I can handle it though. :)

If I happen to fall on my face while attempting it, I'll bring the mess with me!

jk!

Thanks pal! :)

grizzledcamudgen

I feel so stupid and impatient!

Sorry for all the drama!

I took apart the HS-5645MG servo and added some pics of the innards.

I'm going to stop off at the hobby shop in Lafayette, IN. on my way to work and see if they have that main gear.

Well, I have another brand new one on the way from New York, I guess I'll just have a spare or I'll sell it.

I took pics so I could see how it went back together, I recommend that to everyone!

Thanks everyone for helping me sort this out & tolerating the drama! :) :eek:

pipeous

keep it, you always need a spare servo. did you order from powerhobby? i get all my servos from them in new york. awesome prices.

if you have any old tower pro servos with the usual burnt out motor (like the 995) the gears are all metal inside and fit most hitec servos. I have tp gears in my 5625 in the semi right now. cheap gear fix that way.

grizzledcamudgen

The store had my gear so I bought it!

Yeah, I'll keep the other new one as a spare!

This is an easy fix! Thanks people!

Well, it's off to the hell hole...oops, I meant work! :D

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts