• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Can anyone tell me how to change my Lightning EXP Pro from 4 wheel to 2wheel rear drive?

RocBlayloc

Trying to drop the front and make it a rear wheel drive or do I have to start over with a rear wheel drive?

G-Man

I don't know anything about that rig, but My Rampage MT I pulled the front center dog bone out and ran it rear wheel drive that way. I have also put two disassembled front CVA shaft ends in the bearing carriers and made it rear wheel drive that way too.

RocBlayloc

I don't know anything about that rig, but My Rampage MT I pulled the front center dog bone out and ran it rear wheel drive that way. I have also put two disassembled front CVA shaft ends in the bearing carriers and made it rear wheel drive that way too.

Thanks G-Man does that also mean that I can use both gear boxes for the rear wheel drive action. Or would I have to change everything to a rear gearbox setup in the front box

RocBlayloc

What I was trying to find out is does that differential have to be on the car at all. Less weight and stuff or would that change the handling or ability to control the car correctly.

G-Man

What I was trying to find out is does that differential have to be on the car at all. Less weight and stuff or would that change the handling or ability to control the car correctly.
No the diff doesn't have to be functioning but the housing has to be there for the shock towers to bolt to. Like I said I did that to a Rampage MT. It made the truck almost uncontrollable. Here is a link to me running my MT rear wheel drive only. Kinda funny

RocBlayloc

Like I said G-Man I'm new and have not yet attempted anything as far as tear down and upgrades although I have purchased a lot of stuff. So I'm just asking basic questions to find out where and how far I can go with these cars before I have to go to another type of vehicle to get the performance I want from them. Much appreciation for the info.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts