• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

calling on all power starter users

jonathan13

I have installed a ton of new stuff on my MT and one thing was the Killer RC power starter to replace my broken pullstart.

What brand and model drill are you guys using for your power starter?

I bought a Hitachi 2 speed 18v and ended up breaking the clutch system before I even got my truck running.

I really didn't want to spend more than $100 on a drill for the power starter but that is starting to seem like an imposibility. I spent $100 on the Hitachi and it came with 2 batteries and a case and flashlight but it obviously just wasn't up to the job.

G

I just use my 18v Dewalt. It only should take a quick squeeze of the trigger to start it. If you find you need to spin the crap out of it to start it, you have some tuning issues.

jonathan13

Yeah I definitely have some tuning issues. If I went with the stock settings of 1 and a quarter and 1 and a half and it isn't firing do you think it's too lean or too rich? I want to do in the correct direction to get it going rather than further away.

I already checked for spark and that is good.

Also, I am not used to not having a choke, but I figured since I was using the power starter it wouldn't be as big of an issue

jonathan13

Also, I purchased a Ridgid 18v (r86008k). Costs $169. Fantastic drill for the job. Comes with two lithium batteries and a carrying case that now doubles as my RC case. Best of all, lifetime warranty on everything INCLUDING the batteries. Highly recommend!

Silent_chaos

jonathan13 said:
It was way rich with the low at 1.25. It's much happier around 1 on the low needle.
This! 1.25 is rich, the engine will eventually bog down and turn itself off

i even run it at 0.9

Silent_chaos

Ludabud said:
I'm having that problem with my 668 carb bogs down after hard running. I'm running close to stock setting too
low needle 0.8-0.9 (that's less than a 1 turn)

you wont have that problem

G

Start with the throttle stop lever half way up the tapered section of the idle screw.

jonathan13

I have my low needle at about 0.9-1.0 and my high needle at 1.1-1.2. She runs great now. Keep in mind mine is set for the stock exhaust though. Haven't had a chance to splurge on a pipe yet.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts