• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Caldera 10E truck

Eshore

Can anyone tell me if the castle mamba max systems with motor will work in the Caldera 10E ? I'm thinking of an upgrade.

RazorHobbies

Yes we have installed one for a customer before so yes it will work. However after installing it on a customers car he did encounter issues with gears stripping after buying larger voltage lipos. Reason being is it puts more stress on the gears at the higher torque.

Eshore

RazorHobbies said:
Yes we have installed one for a customer before so yes it will work. However after installing it on a customers car he did encounter issues with gears stripping after buying larger voltage lipos. Reason being is it puts more stress on the gears at the higher torque.
Can the gears be upgraded? I just want to know so I can see my options incase I want to ever upgrade the ESC & Motor.

RazorHobbies

Yes gears and the spider gears in the differentials can be upgraded. You just have to cross match the spider gears with another manufacturer part to get the hardened gears.

Eshore

RazorHobbies said:
Yes gears and the spider gears in the differentials can be upgraded. You just have to cross match the spider gears with another manufacturer part to get the hardened gears.
Ok, I'll have to check into seeing what manufacturer may have what I'm looking for. I thank you for you info, and feel free to share whatever you could if you come across something concerning this.

RazorHobbies

I just talked to him yesterday and the gear set he used was an old gear set of robinson racing that they used to produce for the HPI MT.

I will look around for you to see what I can pull up in hardened steel gears that will cross reference.

Eshore

RazorHobbies said:
I just talked to him yesterday and the gear set he used was an old gear set of robinson racing that they used to produce for the HPI MT.I will look around for you to see what I can pull up in hardened steel gears that will cross reference.
thanks I appreciate that much.

Eshore

Ryneito said:
How much difference in top end between the 13t and 15t spur gear? I just stripped both spur and pinion so im in the market for a new set..
I wouldn't know, because I'm new to the Redcats Caldera 10E, But since on the subject how do you like yours and what do you think of the speed and power using Lipo batteries?

Ryneito

Power on lipos is good. Im running 2 cell 3600 mah and it moves. Not as quick as my hurricane xte on dual 2s. Good basher truck tho takes a beating.

Eshore

Ryneito said:
Power on lipos is good. Im running 2 cell 3600 mah and it moves. Not as quick as my hurricane xte on dual 2s. Good basher truck tho takes a beating.
20-25mphs or 30-35mphs on the 2s Lipo

RazorHobbies

Ryneito said:
How much difference in top end between the 13t and 15t spur gear? I just stripped both spur and pinion so im in the market for a new set..
Just to answer your question about the difference. It is not much your looking at small differences. Obviously if you go with the 15t spur you will have a slight increase in top speed. But its not going to be a very big improvement just a small improvement.

Stumpdiggitty

whats a descent operable temp for the stock motor on 2s? my son just got his caldera 10E and it was running 168F. is that too hot? its way hot to the touch. newb to this lipo stuff. getting ready to buy him a set of pinions if the temp needs to be lower. but i have no idea what i'm doing.. any help is greatly appreciated.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts