• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

C-hub Screw

Silent_chaos

Sup guys,

what type of screws are you using for the C-hub screw.

correct me if I'm wrong but this screw should rotate when the car turns left or right.

it keeps loosening up and falling.

any help would be appreciated.

G

The screw should not move. Use some loctite. All screws and bolts that thread into metal need loctite.

phreerider

If all is stock. Bushing and screw should create a tension free point of rotation for caster to rotation around and bear load. If its squeezing it, bushing maybe inverted.

Silent_chaos

I have it Aluminum. when I steer the wheel, the screw rotates with it.

If I loctite it, wouldn't that make the wheel not steer? since it wouldn't allow the bearing holders to rotate left/right :confused:

G

Silent_chaos said:
If I loctite it, wouldn't that make the wheel not steer? since it wouldn't allow the bearing holders to rotate left/right :confused:
Nope...

The screw is like a pin that rotates in the C-hub. The screw should be fixed in the bearing holder. You will see it rotate with the bearing holder. You only loctite the threads in the bearing holder.

G

You only want to snug the bolts up. If they are too tight it will bind.

phreerider

when the screw/bushing fully seat its a positive stop, there should not be any "squeeze to tight".heres the redcat AL set , with bushing in place. remember theres top and bottom

redcat alloy casterbush.jpg

redcat alloy casterbush.jpg

/monthly_2014_01/583c606cc6cc5_redcatalloycasterbush.jpg.225a8155211a51a8f62eb808a835fbe9.jpg

G

BTW, is that a XO-1?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts