• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Buying Chimera - What Upgrades

mod4life

Hey guys, I am ordering my Chimera today and wondering what upgrades will be necessary with the engine I am going to be running...I have an OBR 7.5hp full mod I am putting into this truck...I am coming from several 5T's prior and I am very unfamiliar with these trucks other than being WAY cheaper and about 15lbs lighter so it should really rip....Just wondering what all needs or should be upgraded to handle that power on this truck...

One of my most important questions is the servos...I went through lots of stock and aftermarket servos in my 5t, so wondering if I should just spring for the $500 servo hitec came out with just for 1/5th scales, or what servo options you'd suggest...Also, if it was waterproof that would be even better as I think its ridiculous to have a 5th scale you have to be afraid of any puddle you hit...

I will be using my Futaba PKRS receiver and radio.

G

Check out 7075RC for upgrades. The wheel bearings are not the greatest. The 7075RC bearing holders utilize larger bearings. The fit is nice and tight, gets rid of unwanted slop.

Sleeved drive cups are nice too. The drive cups are known to break from time to time.

If you drive hard you will want to check out their chassis. It's awesome.

The Hitec 900sgs is overkill. Most use a 5765 without any issues.

mod4life

Ok good to know, where can I get the sleeve cups? I do drive very aggressively to maybe that chassis I'll upgrade to eventually...What pipe do guys go with for aftermarket engines? I don't care about it being loud either. Amnd are the 5765s direct fit? Should I replace both steering and throttle brake servos?

rcgasser

mod4life said:
Ok good to know, where can I get the sleeve cups? I do drive very aggressively to maybe that chassis I'll upgrade to eventually...What pipe do guys go with for aftermarket engines? I don't care about it being loud either. Amnd are the 5765s direct fit? Should I replace both steering and throttle brake servos?
I believe jetpro is the only aftermarket pipe that will fit without modding.

rcgasser

Some adapters is a must to get rid of those too small tires and have a wide variety of tires to run rcdad has spoken on the better bearings from 7075 is a must he also make a rear shock tower so you can get your shock off of the cage and install a sway bar which will help greatly because at first at any speed when turning the left front wheel will come up trying to found the ground and get some traction.

mattjk

Like mentioned, the wheel bearings are weak.

I would recommend either the aluminum gear plate, or belt drive. The stock plastic gear plate flexes and strips gears. Mine just failed. If you get the aluminum plate, make sure to take out all the slop in the gearbox, there is a lot of it.

mod4life

Good to know, keep things coming...

Where can I get the better diff cups...?

mod4life

I am going to get the wheel adapters and run some pro line wheels and trencher tires...as well as the 7075 stuff and phat cat stuff...

mod4life

I need THOSE....Nothing worse than breaking parts and being down for days...

mod4life

I need to become a parts tester, nobody is harder on their rc especially 1/5th scales as me...I'll mount my gopro and show you guys lol...

Ol' fart

You can order the sleeved cups now. Go to 7075 exclusive on the website and match the Redcat part number to get what you want. I'm going to move the Redcat number to the title page but for now deal with it. DON'T go just by the name, some are MT parts and some are XT/XB/XBE.

Ildy666

Welcome...on the left they sell roller chimera 's for $300 not bad if ur replacing everything anyway

davebuddy

I just joined basically to ask a question. I was going to purchase a Redcat but made a mistake and bought a Nutech Tunderbolt III. I would like to get a Chimera and would like to know who on the left sells a roller for $300.00? I looked at all those sponsors and can't find it! Thank you!!!

G

davebuddy said:
I just joined basically to ask a question. I was going to purchase a Redcat but made a mistake and bought a Nutech Tunderbolt III. I would like to get a Chimera and would like to know who on the left sells a roller for $300.00? I looked at all those sponsors and can't find it! Thank you!!!
It's not there any more. It was a eBay add.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts