• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Buy this, life will be better

sunoco

Buy this-- life will be better. Promise. Go to Amazon. Enter Vibra-Tite 213 VC-3 Threadmate Thread Locker. Put the permatex type thread in come deep dark corner in the garage and forget you ever bought it. Exception would be the red use very lightly on exhaust studs.

PHOTOGRAPH. use a tooth pick to apply on small grub screws. Acetone to clean it off. Always do my best here...

vibra- TITE VC-3 Threadmate.jpg

WoodiE

Kind of good admin
Staff member
Other than your rave review @sunoco why exactly is this stuff any better?

Personally I prefer blue loctite sticks. It's easy to apply on any type of screw (toothpicks no needed), doesn't dry out if I leave the cap off nor does it drip if I knock it over.

If for some reason I need something even stronger, they sell red loctite sticks too.

sunoco

Other than your rave review @sunoco why exactly is this stuff any better?

Personally I prefer blue loctite sticks. It's easy to apply on any type of screw (toothpicks no needed), doesn't dry out if I leave the cap off nor does it drip if I knock it over.

If for some reason I need something even stronger, they sell red loctite sticks too.

for my use on parts, loktite is too solid. it causes me to have too many seized up screws. example- 2 hours of applying heat- then p-b blaster- let it cool- repeat- repeat to remove 7075-s wheel adapters. I also have had to drill out the screws on both ends of fwd cvd-s, run a tap tru- Yes. i will still use red loktite on 2 parts. the studs for the exhaust header-to jug connection. The advantage to the stuff i use? If connections loosen- i just retighten- We all have seen this stuff before- usually on high grade brake bleeder screws for full sized cars-trucks- ect-ect.

jacobir4

I just keep using loctite as well the sticks I use alot on the Harley's so I always have it laying around plus we use it at work on semis and equipment

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.