• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Buggy to truck conversion

Bryan 70546

hello guys , well I am fixing to pull the trigger on the redcat, but I was just wondering how hard it is to convert the buggy to a truck. I was just going to get a truck but I want to get the buggy because its cheaper then the truck .

What are parts are needed. This is something i will be doing in the future when I want to change it up.

Thanks

Bryan

RampageHopUps

The tires are the expensive part. If you even have a slightest urge of having a truck, get it from the begining. It will save you alot. And most people are using the baja wheels, so you will save that way also, instead of having buggy wheels laying around.

Bryan 70546

RampageHopUps said:
Body, wheels, gears, extra body post, and 2 bumpers.
Thanks Rob

I want to get a truck , But i am on a tight budget right now and with the holidays coming trying the save a few bucks . I sold a few firearms in order to get me another 1/5 an put up some holiday money . I just wanted a idea on what was needed. I wont be running the tires those big things to me put to much strain on the drivetrain , I learned that with my MCD . Going to use HPI tires I have alot of those .

Thanks

Bryan

kun114

If you don't ever plan on running the big truck tires, get the buggy. You'll just need a truck body and a set of body post for the front to do the same as this guy.

http://www.redcatrampageforum.com/showthread.php?t=232

I have the buggy and plan to do the same thing. I like the truggy look. I just don't like the prepainted body, so I'm waiting till I can find a clear body that will work.

Bryan 70546

kun114 said:
If you don't ever plan on running the big truck tires, get the buggy. You'll just need a truck body and a set of body post for the front to do the same as this guy.
http://www.redcatrampageforum.com/showthread.php?t=232

I have the buggy and plan to do the same thing. I like the truggy look. I just don't like the prepainted body, so I'm waiting till I can find a clear body that will work.
Thanks for the pics , Really don't care for the truggy look , I do plan on converting over looking at all the prices it aint that bad .Its cheaper to start with a buggy then go to a truck .

Nothing like having the best of both worlds.

Bryan

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts