• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Buggy or MT

prostock

Rob,

Which one handles better, I am buying one and I am not sure if I should get the buggy or the truck?

Here in NYC we have more pavement than dirt so I was thinking about the buggy but the MT is what I fell in love with first!

Your thoughts?

BRC :confused:

Bryan 70546

prostock said:
Rob,
Which one handles better, I am buying one and I am not sure if I should get the buggy or the truck?

Here in NYC we have more pavement than dirt so I was thinking about the buggy but the MT is what I fell in love with first!

Your thoughts?

the buggy is probley going to handle better lower center of gravity , Both redcats are the same except for the bodies , gearing and a few body post and tires .If you want the truck get the truck your tires will last you longer if your going to run on pavement more then the buggy tires.or you can just slap on some hpi tarmac busters .Good luck with what ever you purchase you cant go wrong with either one. :D

Last edited by a moderator:

jaysyourhandyman

prostock said:
Rob,

Your thoughts?

i like the mt look, but i put the tt tires on it, so half & half

they both need help with the steering and the thotle servos

prostock

jaysyourhandyman said:
i like the mt look, but i put the tt tires on it, so half & half
they both need help with the steering and the thotle servos
Thanks for the info guy's I am buying one next week and I want the best of both worlds with running the MT/HPI wheels and tires. If all I need to to do is change the gearing to run both I will get the MT.

What gearing works for the HPI wheels and tires I would like to get everything together next week!

BRC :)

Robertm235

I have the MT, I bought baja wheel adapters, baja rear wheels and tires (all four) and MCD 27/33 gears! Thats kind of a expensive way to do it but that way you have the best of both worlds! There are a few things you need to get first though! A MUCH better throttle/brake servo is a must. Lots of guys will tell you to replace the steering servo, I personally have not had any problem with my steering servo. You also need an aluminum gear plate (must have). I would also buy the rampage hop up kit also first thing! and a TUNED PIPE. I have the jetpro and it works perfect, lots of power and bolted up in 5 minutes with absolutely no problem, but its LOUD!! After you have those things then I would work on the wheels, tires, gears, etc... I love my rampage...with the above named hop ups it is a GREAT truck!! Hope this helps. You can get just about everything I mentioned from Rob at rampage hopups!

prostock

Robertm235,

Perfect! that's the info I was looking for. I am glad you and so many people enjoy this truck and I am happy to be a part of the Rampage ownership!

I have a ton of good servos from years of nitro racing and I will keep the stock steering servo until it goes. I will order the gear plate and all aluminum gears as well. I like the X-Can exhaust so I will start with that one.

BRC

RampageHopUps

The X-can makes a big difference over a gutted can. 2 singers in place of the restrictive 1 stinger. It will never match a tuned pipe, but it is worth the $80m

kun114

Save your money and skip the metal gears. I have yet to strip a plastic gear since installing the aluminum gearplate. I just got the hopup kit in the mail yesterday. With the exception of dogbones, it has just about every spare you would want to keep in your toolbox. I also upgraded to the blue ali steering knuckles since I broke one of the plastic ones last week. I also swapped out both servos and upgraded my engine. Here's a list of my other upgrades.

http://www.rampagehopups.com/product.sc?categoryId=5&productId=362

http://www.rampagehopups.com/product.sc?categoryId=6&productId=367

http://www.rampagehopups.com/product.sc?categoryId=6&productId=366

http://www.rampagehopups.com/product.sc?categoryId=6&productId=364

http://www.rampagehopups.com/product.sc?categoryId=6&productId=266

RampageHopUps

I am out of stock on teh aluminum gear plate, and so is Redcat. But, that is why the factory did the plastic gear plate with the aluminum bushing.

mooman007uk

Banned
phew! glad i ordered my gearplate while they were still available, other Rob coming over with my big box this weekend:D

this Rob did you manage to find those fg adapters by any chance

Last edited by a moderator:

prostock

Thanks guy's,

This is why I love this Hobby everyone is willing to each other!!!

I will get the alum parts so I have them when (if) the stock parts fail. Rob how quick is the shipping from date of order?

BRC

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts