• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

broke a hpi hd shock bottom

AlphaDog777

EDIT!! not shock bottom! shock shaft bottom.. im a tard...

dang it! is it because i said f- it to shaving my a-arm? i thought the worst that could happen is that i would lose my spring retainer... SIKE! busted the bottom right off the shaft (shaft not even bent!).. assuming this is not replacable i have to buy new shafts correct?

it happend today, i took videos, you can check them out in the video thread

Last edited by a moderator:

Piranha2

Contributor
Yep, I have 2 sets of shafts coming ($15 a set).......I dremmeled my arms so even if it tops out they won't get stressed.......it's hard to believe even the 6mm's are breaking!

mooman007uk

Banned
haven't broken my bajampage kits yet despite a big front impact that tore the lower arm pin out and bent the upper arm turnbuckle....

Looking at the hpi retainer issue slip a collar that extends up from the shaft end to get the retainer higher, the cross bar everyone takes out for the air filter might be a workable piece of material.

I got a 6mm shaft so i'll see what I can come up with

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts