• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Brass Fittings for Full-Force RC v2 Fuel Line Kit

ChuenouXiao

I purchased this... should I cut one of them short because its simply going to drip fuel back to tank? Or should I leave it? Anything I should know? Any possible issue? I have the three hole snappy gromet... just a FYI

G

I cut mine. Make sure you get the clunk filter back into the indentation in the bottom of the tank. That is the lowest spot. You don't want to be sucking air when the fuel is sloshing around.

rampage idiot

You need to cut the one you are using to vent the tank for sure and you will also need to put small pieces of fuel line around the barbs where they sit in the grommet the brass fittings are too loose they will leak if you do not, TRUST ME I no!

xscrick

Banned
fuel line tank fixi had bought the full force rc kit for the baja on special recently from ddm,, and finding out it didnt fit right,, didnt like the idea of sliding tube over it,,, to me felt would be sloppy fit, so went and bought a sullivan gasoline/diesel fuel tank conversion kit (No. # 484 ) ,, paid $5.49 comes with almost everything you need. bought dubros 1/8 tubing bender for bit over $11 bucks but now i have a new tool.. Also bought the solder on barb fitting for the tubing,, couple bucks for those.. and once u get set up, should work forever.. i havent finished it totally yet,,, but i will include u a pic to show u what it looks like .. and once u tighten it down, nothing is moving and is perfectly sealed,,,,comes with 3 holes, but only two holes on rubber stopper is completed,, so you will have option for a 3rd line if u want

P1010304.jpg

P1010304.jpg

/monthly_2012_11/P1010304.jpg.34b44f1221c6f78d40d40860b9b57429.jpg

travmess

I have those ffrc fitting in one of my bajas... they do fit loose until u push the grommmet into the tank then hey r pretty tight. Have had no trouble with mine without having to add any bits of fuel line to seal them. I will be putting them on my other rigs soon as work picks back up and have a lil extra cash flowing

G

It just depends on the size of the holes in the grommet. The brass fittings fit sloppy in the Redcat grommet.

travmess

Ah ok. See i got the snappy grommet. Wouldnt run without it have them on my two bajas and will be installng on xsc soon

G

They work good. Just a PITA to fit into the Redcat tanks. LOL

Now I always just use a whole new tank with grommet installed and go from there. :)

G

Yeah. If using a clunk filter, the suction line is the only one I have in the grommet while installing. The others can be inserted after. But still a pita for sure.

xscrick

Banned
thats why i used the sullivan gas conversion kit,, just bent some tube, did little soldering,, and works great,, its very tight, easily removed if needed,,,and should take some abuse,,,all for about 7 , 8 bucks in parts,, and the tubing bender,,,

Sergio

xscrick said:
i had bought the full force rc kit for the baja on special recently from ddm,, and finding out it didnt fit right,, didnt like the idea of sliding tube over it,,, to me felt would be sloppy fit, so went and bought a sullivan gasoline/diesel fuel tank conversion kit (No. # 484 ) ,, paid $5.49 comes with almost everything you need. bought dubros 1/8 tubing bender for bit over $11 bucks but now i have a new tool.. Also bought the solder on barb fitting for the tubing,, couple bucks for those.. and once u get set up, should work forever.. i havent finished it totally yet,,, but i will include u a pic to show u what it looks like .. and once u tighten it down, nothing is moving and is perfectly sealed,,,,comes with 3 holes, but only two holes on rubber stopper is completed,, so you will have option for a 3rd line if u want
How about a link. I also got the brass fittings and like you didn't like the idea of tubing but had no choice so I have it on mine but like yours better

Bigpopa64

What is pita and do I need a different grommet to install full force fittings and the best way to get grommet back into tank thanks

Phill

They work good. Just a PITA to fit into the Redcat tanks. LOL

Now I always just use a whole new tank with grommet installed and go from there. :)
I use a little 2 stroke oil as lubricant and cut the line at an angle.

Bigpopa64

I tried what Phil suggested but I used my Redcat grommet used fuel line on on the brass fittings and stuck it in the grommet with 2 cycle oil and cut lines with an angle
I pull grommet out of fuel tank and used 2 cycle oil on grommet to put back in the tank but I will tell you it is a royal pain to get it back in the tank but its worth it and it will not leak make sure to reinstall fuel filter the full force fittings works great for the DDM Dominator pipe to keep fuels away from the pipe your the man Phil !!!

Attachments

• 20170727_192350.jpg
    20170727_192350.jpg
    601.2 KB · Views: 23

Bigpopa64

I tried what Phil suggested but I used my Redcat grommet used fuel line on on the brass fittings and stuck it in the grommet with 2 cycle oil and cut lines with an angle
I pull grommet out of fuel tank and used 2 cycle oil on grommet to put back in the tank but I will tell you it is a royal pain to get it back in the tank but its worth it and it will not leak make sure to reinstall fuel filter the full force fittings works great for the DDM Dominator pipe to keep fuels away from the pipe your the man Phil !!!

Attachments

• 20170727_192457.jpg
    20170727_192457.jpg
    470.6 KB · Views: 17

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online