• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Brand new out of box XT will not run

Codytusi22

these engines are not finiky to start like nitro cars are. these 2 stroke engine are usually really easy to start. I have a 990 chokeless carb on my rampage mt and it starts within 3 to 4 pulls
I do about 2 pulls and mine fired up every time

Haroldbee

I paid $580 for this lemon. It ran for 10 minutes, followed instructions to a T, contacted redcat, had them walk me through adjusting the carb, still will not start. Has been 2 days of me trying to get it to run. It jumped to life once, engine cranked all the way to max rpms and then died. Have had the truck for 3 days and its a complete waste of my money. I have worked on many other engines and have always gotten them to work. I firmly believe that this truck is defective from the factory and would love it for Redcat to honor the warranty and either fix it, or send out a new one. Will be calling them on Monday because I am out of options. Very disappointed. Its brand spanking new, I should not have these problems.
My first fifth scale was a Redcar Rampage XR. And out of the box, the engine NEVER started. I sent the engine back to Redcat racing. They sent it back, as fixed. Still it never started. I took it to a two-stroke "expert" at my local hobby shop. He called me, eventually, told me he got it started. When I arrived he took it out onto the parking lot, and he couldn't start it again. I paid him for all of his efforts and invested in a new Zenoah G290 engine that worked. You win some you lose some.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.