• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Brand new out of box XT will not run

Xyreh

RampageHopUps said:
Please keep in mind you will need better servos and upgrade the radio when you can.
That is what I have heard. I plan on going straight to a K&N air filter, a different high performance carb and a ddm dominator pipe. Then within a month I'm going to upgrade to better servos and a better radio. Which carburetor should I go with?

Corso

Xyreh said:
That is what I have heard. I plan on going straight to a K&N air filter, a different high performance carb and a ddm dominator pipe. Then within a month I'm going to upgrade to better servos and a better radio. Which carburetor should I go with?
There is nothing wrong with the stock carb. The stock 32cc motor with an aftermarket air filter and pipe, and properly tuned stock carb absolutely rips.

Xyreh

RampageHopUps said:
K&n Filters are never recommended. Buy the servos first and save yourself some headaches.
Will heed your warnings and take your advice. Should be getting truck some time next week. Have placed order. Will keep you guys posted

Xyreh

RampageHopUps said:
K&n Filters are never recommended. Buy the servos first and save yourself some headaches.
Are there any servos and radios you recommend?

Xyreh

RampageHopUps said:
Futaba 3PMX or 3PL for the radioHitec 5645 for throttle.

No idea on Steering lately.
okay will keep in mind. thanks. Ordered a super bee kill switch/failsafe from killer rc as my first purchase. Next will be throttle servo

Xyreh

Have received truck today and cannot get it started out of the box. Is there something I am doing wrong??

Xyreh

Have since gotten truck started. I cannot get the drive cup set screws out to loctite them so should I just leave them?

Xyreh

Have run through almost 3 tanks of gas going very easy with running through heat cycles every 30- 45 minutes, would you consider it broken in?

Xyreh

Okay so I've ordered a few aluminum hop ups, they were a hell of a lot cheaper on amazon. The one I don't know how to install is the pull starter handle. Can you help me? I think all I have to do is untie the knot and retire it on the new one but I want to double check.

RampageHopUps

Buy some bandaids first. Then pull the rope out around 12 inches. Tie a knot in the rope so it doesn't pull back in. Then untie the pull start handle knot. Slide the new one on and double knot the rope. Untie the safety knot and you are good.

Phill

RampageHopUps said:
Buy some bandaids first. Then pull the rope out around 12 inches. Tie a knot in the rope so it doesn't pull back in. Then untie the pull start handle knot. Slide the new one on and double knot the rope. Untie the safety knot and you are good.
Bandaids? What for?

Xyreh

My hands are so shot that's the least of my worries. I'm ordering those servos you suggested Rob. So far the truck is A+

Haroldbee

yes I agree try a new spark plug. could've flooded it and fouled the plug. a good starting point for you needle settings is 1 1/4 on low and 1 1/2 on the high.
I bought a new RedCat Rampage XR, and after following every one of the settings and starting procedures, it never started. I took it to a hobby shop with fifth scale experience. The guy changed the carb, reset the needles. Didn't start. He checked the coil. It was defective, and fixed it. He tried again. It would not start. He checked the compression: it was way below 70 PS1. LESS THAN 10. He told me to return it for a new engine. RedCat Racing received it, said nothing was wrong with the engine, yet there was evidence that they installd a green gasket about the combustion chamber. They sent it back; my hobby-shop guy reinstalled it, and it ran well for 30 minutes. He called me to pick up my car. I arrived at the shop, the guy brings my Rampage XR onto the shop's parking lot to show me how it ran. The engine NEVER restarted. After many tries, the red-faced guy, told me to find a 'small engine' shop. Sad, yet instructive: with Chinese-made things, buyer beware!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.