• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Brand new out of box XT will not run

RampageHopUps

Try and go 25:1 to 32:1. Start to tune for power now that you are broken in. Just vary the throttle and don't do full throttle runs for more than 15 seconds, by blipping the throttle once in a while.

Xyreh

RampageHopUps said:
Try and go 25:1 to 32:1. Start to tune for power now that you are broken in. Just vary the throttle and don't do full throttle runs for more than 15 seconds, by blipping the throttle once in a while.
Gonna run 32:1 when I finish the gallon of gas I have. Not much left. And tuning for power is the HSN right? I have my LSN and idle screw where I want them where it fires right up every time on the 4th-5th pull. Turning clockwise or counter-clockwise on the HSN adjusts what exactly? I'm am a beginner to this hobby, this is my first truck actually. But I plan to dive right into the 1/5th gas rc world. :D

Xyreh

Also, how do I connect the failsafe? Have yet to figure it out and the manual isn't much help.

Xyreh

Update : truck started right up this morning on the 4th pull. Still need help with failsafe though

Xyreh

Rampagemt2016 said:
I'm glad you got it running. Once it's broken in it will be a lot of fun. I would get a kill switch and not use the stock fail safe.
Where would I get one for a decent price? Still need to know how to hook it up though lol

Xyreh

Have returned the truck. All electronics ceased to function after driving for 5 minutes yesterday morning. Redcat says could be faulty electronics, they said they will inspect but most likely give me a full refund. Going to order a Losi DBXL later this week once the return processes. I wish the rampage worked out.

Xyreh

Ol said:
You should have charged the battery
Did, fully charged it. Tried 3 different batteries to make sure the battery wasn't bad. Did not work at all. Not even like a blip of anything.

Phill

Xyreh said:
Have returned the truck. All electronics ceased to function after driving for 5 minutes yesterday morning. Redcat says could be faulty electronics, they said they will inspect but most likely give me a full refund. Going to order a Losi DBXL later this week once the return processes. I wish the rampage worked out.
Do you realist that DBXL isn't Losi?

I'd be going Losi 5T if I was changing from Redcat which I'm not.

Xyreh

RampageHopUps said:
Losi didn't design it, they are just reselling it. Exactly like Redcat does.
Ohhh. Well I haven't placed an order yet for the DBXL, am thinking about going up a tier to the Rampage MT V3. Does anyone here have one of those that they could give me some insight on? Am looking up reviews and everyone mostly loves them. Will probably stick with Redcat simply for the reasoning that their support is A++.

Phill

Xyreh said:
How is the DBXL not losi? Its called the Losi desert buggy xl....
It's made in Korea by RCMK and sold under the Losi name.

From the reviews I've read it doesn't compare with the 5T

Xyreh

After intensely reading reviews and watching youtube videos on both the MT V3 and DBXL I have elected to go with the MT V3. Hopefully this time around the truck holds up. But compared to the XT the MT holds up better. Will be ordering after my refund clears, am very excited as I have heard excellent things about this truck!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts