• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Brakes need help

M

magnum57

i cant seem to get the brakes set on my MT5. i put a spektrum control system in and i cant seem to get the brakes set right. the brake lever seems like its allways ingaged. but its not. its right in the middle. i have basicly no brakes. if i adj the radio its like thier ingaged even when thier not. if i set it for 100% thier allways ingaged. Its weird. Please help:eek:

M

magnum57

Hey Rob,

I don't have a video of whats up. It just seems like the brakes are kind of on all the time. the brake arm is pushed a little with the spring so it applies the brakes a little. if i back off where its not touching i have no brakes. if i adj the radio to have brakes its like thier on a little all the time. I've tried adj the rod with no luck. moved the servo arm with no luck. its not making much since i know but i don't no how else to expliain it. Hopefully i can come meet you at dog park soon and you can take a look.

thanks joe

flint mann

I had kind of the same problem. First make sure the bushing is fully seated if it isn't it doesn't allow the cam to fully engage the brake. Then get rid of the spring and put a piece of fuel tubing cut to the same length as the spring in its place. Adjust the throttle/brake trim so the car will roll when you push it with the radio on. I also run a spekky and that is what I did and my TT5 damn near stops on a dime, definatly much quicker stopping then my baja.

Last edited by a moderator:
M

magnum57

thanks flint mann,

i'll try that. the fuel line is a great idea. Hope it works. stopping can be kind of nice !!!

RampageHopUps

Call me if you can't figure it out. I can meet you at the dog park whenver your ready. I should be there Thursday testing the exhaust.

M

magnum57

sweet thanks rob. quick question on the wheel nuts. i see you sell the Dark Soul wheel nuts with knurl. are these locking nuts. my stock ones keep comming loose ?

thanks

M

magnum57

so the knurled nuts don't loosen up. i'm not sure what knurled means other than flared on one side. do they have the plastic inside or are they dimpled on the flare side. hate to put lock tight on them. i tried to rough up the face but no go, still came loose.

thanks

M

magnum57

ok so thats what the Dark Soul nuts look like or did you put the grooves in them ?

RampageHopUps

That is a DarkSoul nut. Unless you are a Dentist, I don't think a file would turn out that perfect. You just need something to grab into the plastic of the rim. Maybe 12 grooves??

M

magnum57

cool, i see you sell em so not being a dentist i'll leave it up to you and just buy a set.

thanks rob u da man

M

magnum57

Thanks Flint Mann,

awesome fix. the brakes work great now. to simple. u the man

flint mann

Thanks, I found the fuel tube idea on the HPI Baja fourm and used it on my baja it worked good on it I figgured that it would work well on my TT5 as well and boy did it !

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts