• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Body Skinz Rapz Duck Tape

hamster huey

I cant find the link but someone on here has a buggy body completly covered in duck tape. I did the same thing but in tie dye duck tape. Walmart has a ton of colors and prices range from 3-4 dollars. So I got 4 rolls for less than $20. I did my windows in black, body in tye dye, and bed in chrome, and still had a bunch left over. I also did the lexan mod underneath. I laid my tape horizonatally. I did not cut the tape at the edges, I rolled it over to the back side and taped the back also. CY glue can also be used to hold any edges that come undone but all of mine stuck well. I also applied decals to the outside to give it more detail.
http://www.redcatrampageforum.com/showthread.php?t=1720

Ron E

Contributor
tye dye body looks awesome... my e-maxx bodies are duct taped on the inside. we use the colored wal mart tape for our dirtbikes also, in hare scrambles you have tape your score card to the frt fender and it's much cooler in neon pink, turqoise, tye dye... the kids love it.

but your use is the best, looks awesome. I may have to steal this idea for the e-maxx's.

DON 44

Contributor
glad too see this...i have a extra clear body that i don't have the time or space to paint it...(Really no good at painting)..what section of wal-mart you finding this colored duct tape in. All i ever see is the standard grey..

Redcat2

They don't have that tape at my walmart. :-( CAn you get me a roll? LOL I like it. Re-use the body all over again.

Steve

hamster huey

You can get sharpies in different colors now for $1 apiece that would be perfect for adding details on this. Maybe silver and black for headlights, red for taillights, etc. My local walmart had the following colors near the paint department. Its Duck Tape brand.

neon pink, neon green, neon orange, red tie dye, blue tie dye, green digital camo, yellow, turquoise, purple, red, blue, brown, chrome, black, white

BertR

Darack73 said:
How did the duct tape hold up?
This is a 5 year old thread.. But to help you on your question. Ducktape will help but will still rip if the flex is too much on the body. Shoe goo and mesh tape is the best rout to strengthen the body.

Darack73

Thanks BertR. I new it was an old thread but thought I would ask anyway. I went with the duct tape, found some cool camo printed rolls. Looks ok hope it holds for a few months my body was almost cracked totally in half.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.