• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Biggest LiPo/LiHV/LiFe That Will Fit The 50006N Battery Box

zx11ninja

Greetings members.

I bought a new Rampage MT, and I'm immediately implementing the "must haves" suggestions by you fine folks. I did a global search on the forum, but I did not find the specific answer for which I was searching.

As I'm implementing a single steering servo, I'm also upgrading to the 50006N battery box so I can use a bigger battery. The Internet says the 50006N dimensions are 5.5 inches by 3.0 inches by 2.5 inches. However, that does not give any indication of the inner dimensions, especially when trying to size the biggest capacity battery that will fit inside the box along with a Spektrum SRS4201 receiver (borrowed from my Losi 8ight-T gasoline truggy) and the Super Bee kill switch.

Might any of you fine folks know the inner dimensions of the 50006N battery box? Additionally, for anyone using the 50006N battery box, what are the dimensions of the biggest battery that you've put in it? I'm striving for the longest run times possible.

Take care.
-Z

zx11ninja

Greetings all.

I finally received my 50006N battery box for single servo steering. I did my best to use a Vernier caliper to measure the internal box dimensions and rounding down to the nearest millimeter.

While holding the box so that the small rectangular antenna cutout if farthest away from me and on the right, I measured the internal box dimensions in three ways:

Measurement 1 (rear-most section only; behind the plastic tab on the left):
67 mm x 53 mm x 44 mm

Measurement 2 (full length distance from rear-most wall to front-most wall; width between right wall of rear-most section and left tab; vertical distance measured from floor of section in front of left tab):
113 mm x 44 mm x 32 mm

Measurement 3 (same measurement directions as in Measurement 2, but with left tab removed):
113 mm x 53 mm x 32 mm

Using the above measurements, you should be able to size a maximum capacity battery for the 50006N battery box, including adequate space for a receiver.

I hope the above information is helpful to you.

Take care.
-Z

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.