• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

biggest engine?

gobigorgohome

i want to get the biggest and fastest engine avalible that will bolt right on to my rampage mt chassis will these do wheelies n all with out nitrous because my stock motor is a turd lol

G

For bolt on applications, the OBR 7hp. It is very hard to power wheelie a mid engine 4wd truck. I plan on this set up in the near future. Also very beneficial would be Demons 2 speed when it is released.

The rear engine platforms will always wheelie better. However, it is much easier to land on all four wheels with a mid-engine if ya like the jumps. :D

Keep in mind the stock MT wheels & tires are huge and weigh in at over 10lbs.

That's a lot of mass to get going.

Do you run a tuned pipe on yours?

gobigorgohome

no im gonna get the jet pro pipe most likely where can i buy that motor at 7hp sounds big ive seen up to 30.5cc motors is this bigger than that? and will i have to run special fuel with that?

alfred e numan

H-Y users manual engines.

There are 26-30-36 engines listed in the h-y manual, The following is for the 30cc -- max out put/rpm-kw/r/min - 1.1@12,000 rpm. This is how units of power- kilowatts to horsepower. i think? 1.1 X 1.341 = 1.47 horsepower @ 12,000 rpm. Torque. -- N.m/r/min. - 1.7@ 10,000 rpm. 1.7 X 0.7376 = 1.25 ft lb torque @ 10,000 rpm. I currently have a dt1 3 stage filter- litely oiled-3/4 in v-stack- and a jetpro rear mount -should arrive by the 21st. Question is- what would the horsepower be with the mods? Here is the converted numbers for the 36cc motor. Horsepower-2.1456 @12,rpm. Torque in ft lbs. - 1.54896. - It would be interesting to see dyno charts posted for these hot-rodded engines- The car engine that Demon runs looks like it has massive torque! And connected to the two speed---If and when my throttle finger gets used to these cars- I have been looking at the obr 30cc superstock - happy medium between life-power I guess?

alfred e numan

The rpm for the torque number on the H-Y 36cc engine is -10,000 rpm. SORRY. At least my spelling was decent. hay- i used to skip school to work for my Hi-school teachers- made $$ and ALWAYS recieved passing grades!

FuzzBall03

Due to the huge price gap(In my opinion) of the prostock 5.5HP, and the 7HP long crank...

I went with the 5.5 pro-stock(OBR) myself. I have not had the opportunity to drop it in the rampage yet, it's still on it's way to me from James @ Spoiled Toys...

Will be curious to see how it does!

DustyR3825

Banned
I myself purchased an OBR 29.5 Prostock. I bought the long block for $239. If you want more power down the road all you have to do is send your motor back to OBR and the will make it a full mod long rod for 7hp.

Jester

I would deffinitly get a OBR 30.5. Now if you can swing it? A Full Mod is the way to go. The Longrods are a great newish addition to our hobby. If your looking for a stump puller. Give Sean or Dan a call @ OBR and tell them what it's going in and what you want it to do. They are both great guys and I am a customer for LIFE! They will even do the case mod for the drive shaft to clear.

FuzzBall03

gobigorgohome said:
i want my mt to pull a wheelie but don't think theres a motor that will make it happen ill have to get nitrous
This is a mid-engine, all time 4WD truck... I'm not sure any amount of power is going to get you a wheelie.

You could try putting small wheels in the rear, and giving it a slant? Lol

krebidoux

you can get it to pull wheelies, even at around 40mph. if you're willing to spend around $1700-1800 for a bl motor and esc not including batteries. if you are i can get you in contact with my buddy and he can tell you what to get. this is his rampage mt being tested. he's only running half the volts in it that the esc can handle. [ame]

[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:

krebidoux

yep its 4wd. and if you think thats nuts you should see his cen gen 7.7. he also has a boat that had a gas motor (i think it is about 36" long) that he put a 12 hp bl motor in but figured that wasn't enough so he's adding a 2nd 12 hp. i can't wait to see that thing when he's done.

G

Insane. Keep the vids comin.

Triggerman77

Contributor
Sweet Vids! Thanks for sharing!! I have RC Boats also I just got another Enforcer Super-G. Im thinking Brushless would be cool setup in the new one. My other Super-G is 5.5 HP She is nasty So i can Imagine 12hp or 24 WOW Please Post links to the Electric stuff hes using Please ??? Thanks Again Bro !

krebidoux

it's hard to see but if you look close you can kinda see the motor in this vid. the 12hp motor he has is almost twice as big around as this one. [ame]

[/ame]need i say more.lol i forgot to tell ya, believe it or not that cen gen with batteries weighs as much as a baja, no joke, i've picked it up a few times.

Last edited by a moderator:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts