• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Better than stock carburetor

Donavan

I havnt revived my MT yet but I am anticipating having carburetor issues. It is used like new been sitting for 6 months. I seen a lot of people on Facebook saying they had carburetor issues with stock carbs. Is the walbro carb the go to ? Is there one better, I want to go ahead and order one for a stand by in case the original is gummed up or have problems later down the road. Thanks for any input.

Attachments

• 6BAADFB3-78E6-406A-AFA5-7087A0FAA8B9.jpeg
    6BAADFB3-78E6-406A-AFA5-7087A0FAA8B9.jpeg
    301.8 KB · Views: 8

Phill

Walbro with a choke wins hands down.
Either a 668 or if you have a 32cc get the 1107.
The 990 doesn't have a choke and is painful to start.

Donavan

Walbro with a choke wins hands down.
Either a 668 or if you have a 32cc get the 1107.
The 990 doesn't have a choke and is painful to start.
Thank you for the reply, I will be ordering one today.

G-Man

I havnt revived my MT yet but I am anticipating having carburetor issues. It is used like new been sitting for 6 months. I seen a lot of people on Facebook saying they had carburetor issues with stock carbs. Is the walbro carb the go to ? Is there one better, I want to go ahead and order one for a stand by in case the original is gummed up or have problems later down the road. Thanks for any input.
Do Not buy any carb listed as "for" Walbro. They are an off brand not a true Walbro. You want to use a reputable site like ddm racing etc. They have all sorts of real Walbro carbs.

Donavan

Do Not buy any carb listed as "for" Walbro. They are an off brand not a true Walbro. You want to use a reputable site like ddm racing etc. They have all sorts of real Walbro carbs.
I will go look them up, thank you for the information.

Impalassman

Got my 1107 from DDM it works great on Mt 32cc.

biggo

Stock carbs work just fine on my DR and XT, starts every time. Will the Walbro be better? Of course. All it takes is 1 bad experience by a few and KABOOM.

Watch the OBR break-in video, Dan breaks down the starting process really well. Don't just pull the start like a mad man.

Donavan

Stock carbs work just fine on my DR and XT, starts every time. Will the Walbro be better? Of course. All it takes is 1 bad experience by a few and KABOOM.

Watch the OBR break-in video, Dan breaks down the starting process really well. Don't just pull the start like a mad man.
Tha is for the Information, I received my rampage in, had it started on 3 pulls. I noticed if I choke it for two pulls then open choke for next it starts every time. I had read so many bad reviews before I got it, I really thought I would have a problem.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.