• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Better CV axles / dogbones than factory?

Boomkidd

Ok so, I am SICK of constantly re-tightening the set screws in the dog bones. Yes, I use loctite but only blue. The set screws still back out. Is there ANY better axle able to be installed on the MTs? I mean even if you have to modify something, I wana know. Only thing I can Google are steel cups but thats only good for holding the cup together from splitting under stress I think, right? Or are these steel cups also good for retaining the pin when set screws come loose?

Thanks!

G-Man

Ok so, I am SICK of constantly re-tightening the set screws in the dog bones. Yes, I use loctite but only blue. The set screws still back out. Is there ANY better axle able to be installed on the MTs? I mean even if you have to modify something, I wana know. Only thing I can Google are steel cups but thats only good for holding the cup together from splitting under stress I think, right? Or are these steel cups also good for retaining the pin when set screws come loose?

Thanks!

G-Man

Here is what I did. Notice on the CV end there is two set screw holes. Put another one in. Then I wrapped the end with a layer of electrical tape then a layer of fabric hockey tape then another layer of electrical. I haven't had a pin come out since but have snapped the shafts.

Attachments

• 20161105_121728.jpg
    20161105_121728.jpg
    321.4 KB · Views: 54

Jesse

Thanks!
Put a small strip of gorilla tape around the outside. I had the same problem. Now it’s fixed

Romanator

Thanks!
I used red Loctite and problem solved
And if ever you have to undo the setscrew just heat them up it will unscrew

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online