• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

best pipe for the TT - 5

Sprint 77

Contributor
pipe o band

An adjustable o band on a boat is a neat option. I experimented with those pipes on the redcat early on but never mention it on this forum. Two reasons that I wasn't impressed on fifth scale cars, actually three. One a boat has a constant load and little to no gearing therefore your able to reach top end quickly with no need for tourque. ( bottom end power can be done with prop pitch) second the adjustable feature would always want to come loose with car racing and bashing. A leak could suck in lots of dirt in a car motor. The third is a boat usually benefits from a long hull to be able to have a pipe with no turns or forms in its conical shape. So although I enjoy your enthusiastic and thinking mind the two motors are just doing different work if that explains it better.

Sprint 77

Contributor
Additionally boat motors are often Modded with levals of raised exhaust port timing that cars can't handle as much because boats can run water cooled heads. I usually run my motors with just a mild raised exhaust port timing. Which changes the pipe tune dramatically.

krashkrieg

Contributor
Heeeey....Welcome back to the forums Sprint77 ....great to see you are doing better!!!

larryo

HI this is what i came up with for a pipe and the mods i have done.But the other thing i did was use a isolator on the pipe mount,and was thinking this might help if the pipe gets hit.

Sprint 77

Contributor
That looks like it will run ok. It seams higher than the motor and vulnerable to damage. Also watch out MIG welding 2 cycle pipes. The wire that gets inside will get sucked into the motor at some point.

G

larryo said:
HI this is what i came up with for a pipe and the mods i have done.But the other thing i did was use a isolator on the pipe mount,and was thinking this might help if the pipe gets hit.

Looks good!

G

Sprint 77 said:
That looks like it will run ok. It seams higher than the motor and vulnerable to damage. Also watch out MIG welding 2 cycle pipes. The wire that gets inside will get sucked into the motor at some point.
I like to cut my solid pipes and add a silicon coupling. Just a little protection to keep from damaging the head incase of impact.

larryo

Yes i know what you mean about the mig wire getting sucked into the engine.The pipe is not higher then the rollcage but i a have order a new diff case and a alum roll cage to mod and join the two shock towers.And hopefully help this truck from twisting up anymore lol.

Sprint 77 said:

larryo

This silicon coupling were do you get this from? Can you buy this at auto shop or boat shop?

G

It's different the nitro temps are cooler.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online