• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Best MT 32cc Engine Performance Recipies - What are Your Thoughts?

westsiderkg

Folks:

Great site! Been trolling it for some time now and decided to join. Bought a 3.5 Nitro Earthquake earlier this year. Been allot of fun, but now getting into the Rampage MT! Super excited, but I want to tune this baby for some power…

Been spending quite some time reading online, watching upgrade videos, and seeking vendor performance parts.

The more I read however, the more confusing it becomes at times.

I’m looking for a basic recipe for power w/o sacrificing long term reliability of the motor internals.

What is the consensus for a basic Carb + Exhaust + Intake build?

Walboro 1107, 990, other?
Hpi, TGN, other?
jet pro, dominator, other?

Any HP numbers to show?

Thanks and very much looking forward to contributing to the community!

Last edited:

Boohunter

I have a 36cc on my redcat rampage xt and i need help getting more power looking for a good gear set up and good carb its stock with a 1107 waldbro any suggestions

G-Man

For the MT I recommend the DDM Dominator side mount pipe. It is nice and tucked in there between those big wheels. It does not cause any clearance issues etc. The Jetpro side mount is too tight to the engine, does not allow any access to the pullstarter. I recently installed the killer rc power starter using a drill. I have the DDM sidemount and have no problems getting the drill in there, where the jetpro there is no way at all to get in there.

TPSF

I like the 990 carb. Oneal said it gives better torque where the 1107 gives better RPM, I have a belt drive that I would not recommend, I think I lost low end power with it. Jetpro is an awesome pipe and redcat told me that drill starters void the warranty and I didn't care about that but after I put the 990 on it always cranked on first pull. Also get the angle shred stack and Baja factory air filter with outerwears.

Had to edit, gave up the 990 could never get her to crank under 80 degree weather so I switched to 1107, two pulls I'm gone.

Last edited:

G-Man

I like the 990 carb. Oneal said it gives better torque where the 1107 gives better RPM, I have a belt drive that I would not recommend, I think I lost low end power with it. Jetpro is an awesome pipe and redcat told me that drill starters void the warranty and I didn't care about that but after I put the 990 on it always cranked on first pull. Also get the angle shred stack and Baja factory air filter with outerwears.
I have both the 990 and the 1107 on the same Zenoah g320rc engines. The 990 in the MT and the 1107 in the Dunerunner. I like them both, can't tell much of a difference between the two actually. I also have the belt drive, it is awesome with a good Zenoah engine. The stock Redcat engine doesn't have enough low end torque to get the wheels rolling. The Zenoah has little to no off idle bog. I clocked that big MT at 45mph on short grass. More topend with the belt for sure. So I now just put the belt on my Dunerunner, got some taller tires for it and we will see how it does. As of now the MT beats it topend by far having stock gears in the DR

Attachments

• 20171204_193749.jpg
    20171204_193749.jpg
    236.8 KB · Views: 36
  • 20171204_220219.jpg
    20171204_220219.jpg
    288.3 KB · Views: 36

Phill

I'm the opposite.
Love my belt drive and hate the 990.
If you look at the specs a 990 is only a 668 with no choke.
The 668 and 1107 are much more user friendly.

TPSF

I bought a Stern belt drive, where did you find the carb spects? Thanks for the info. The include coverr doesn't fit and they won't reply to make it right.

Attachments

• 20171203_105314.jpg
    20171203_105314.jpg
    255.6 KB · Views: 20
  • 20171203_105331.jpg
    20171203_105331.jpg
    192 KB · Views: 20

Phill

I bought a Stern belt drive, where did you find the carb spects? Thanks for the info. The include coverr doesn't fit and they won't reply to make it right.
I have the Stern and had to cut a piece out of the splash guard to fit the DR.
Just look up both carbs on Daves.
Same bore and venturi.
The o90 ran ok but it was hit and miss starting with no choke,
I was carrying starter fluid around to start it.
668 is 2 pulls with the choke and we'r off.

TPSF

What is the biggest or most powerful carb the factory 32cc engine can take? This Mt is heavy! I'm not wanting to step up the engine to an Oneal just yet.

Phill

What is the biggest or most powerful carb the factory 32cc engine can take? This Mt is heavy! I'm not wanting to step up the engine to an Oneal just yet.
The 1107 is the recommended carb for 32cc

TPSF

Thank you so much! Just like Davies motors or where is the best place to buy and what am I looking for exactly?

Bottoms

813a carburetor.on my xt rampage that's the shit for my 32 zenoah Moter mine been hand madafied tho it's 7.7 HP board and ported with the reed crank and ported and polished dominator exhaust i ran GPS on it she ran 35 mph at about half throttle, and I put the CNC two speed tranny on it, at first the gears were stoged up but after running it they worked loose and I've never heard it change gears, I'm enjoying it but I have to fix something every time I run it

westsiderkg

I have both the 990 and the 1107 on the same Zenoah g320rc engines. The 990 in the MT and the 1107 in the Dunerunner. I like them both, can't tell much of a difference between the two actually. I also have the belt drive, it is awesome with a good Zenoah engine. The stock Redcat engine doesn't have enough low end torque to get the wheels rolling. The Zenoah has little to no off idle bog. I clocked that big MT at 45mph on short grass. More topend with the belt for sure. So I now just put the belt on my Dunerunner, got some taller tires for it and we will see how it does. As of now the MT beats it topend by far having stock gears in the DR

What were your tuning turns on high and low needles for the 1107?

That's what I plan to install. Tls!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts