• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

best engine upgrade for the MT pro ?

Keith81

out of all the engines out there, which would be ideal as a replacement for my MT pro. I want all around power as an upgrade for my truck. What would be ideal, $500 is my budget...

-Keith

Keith81

Sweet engine, thanks for the link... Dusty, is this the very engine that you run? If so how much do you like it ? Did it really WAKE UP your r/c ?

Do you need to get the Upgrade To TR/OBR Sealed Clutch Housing?

and the Machined Clutch Plate For Use With TR/OBR Clutch Housing?

DustyR3825

Banned
I actually run the zenoah 29.5 Prostock. It produces around 5 HP and it is crazy. I will eventually send it back to have it converted to the full mod long rod! I run this in my XB currently and am going to have to swap gears to 35/25. Plenty of power! Mine only offered the option if a lightened piston and stuffed crank. I only upgraded to the stuffed crank. I believe these are already done on the motor I sent to you!

Last edited by a moderator:

Keith81

Yeah 7hp sounds nice but I don't wanna kill my drivetrain..

What do the stock 30cc's put out ?

How about a 4.5/5hp motor ???

Keith81

how would the GP290 from ddm racing be? on the website it says its top speed would be about 28mph which is less then stock but it has 3.5hp...

I want an all chrome motor with more power then stock with bolt on upgrades and I would like it to make my truck a bit faster if possible...

I think ddm is where I may purchase from unless there is a better dealer out there...

G

With the higher hp motors you can run the lower rpm clutches. This will help on the drivetrain a little. :) IMO the OBR 7hp is still king:D

Deluge

The one RCDAD linked is a fully ported ESP. The one you linked is non-ported, with a stuffed crank.

4 bolt heads are less prone to head gasket failure. Which becomes more important when you decide to go with a mod/ported engine.

Keith81

Deluge said:
The one RCDAD linked is a fully ported ESP. The one you linked is non-ported, with a stuffed crank.4 bolt heads are less prone to head gasket failure. Which becomes more important when you decide to go with a mod/ported engine.
So the better choice is clearly the one RCDAD linked, the 4 bolt...

doesn't seem bad for the price...

Deluge,

Have you ever heard of Dogpile Racing? They are local to me and do engines as well... I was gonna give them a shot as they are local to me but I dunno. I like DDM alot but I'm just clueless, I know I want more power and speed... I don't need overkill though...

:)

Deluge

Keith81 said:
So the better choice is clearly the one RCDAD linked, the 4 bolt...doesn't seem bad for the price...

Deluge,

Have you ever heard of Dogpile Racing? They are local to me and do engines as well... I was gonna give them a shot as they are local to me but I dunno. I like DDM alot but I'm just clueless, I know I want more power and speed... I don't need overkill though...

:)
I've never dealt with Dogpile Racing, but I've heard good things on here and on the Baja forum.

Deluge

rcgasser said:
So will this engine http://www.davesmotors.com/s.nl/c.885035/n.1/it.A/id.4518/.f at least keep me in the race at Power Jam 2012? If I put one in a dune runner and one in the MT. I don't want over kill in an engine but I would like to keep up without alot out of the pocket.
If you're comfortable with taking apart these engines, you'd get more for your money if you went with a kit. There are plenty of how-to vids out there to help you.

http://www.davesmotors.com/s.nl/c.885035/n.1/it.A/id.4753/.f

It'll put out about the same estimated HP as the engine you linked.

If you're not comfortable with installing that, then go with the complete engine.

rcgasser

Ok thanks deluge as always for your help I am not comfortable with working on the engines as of yet so I will get the complete engine if its going to give me enough power to race at power jam but once I get this new engine I will start working on the stock motor to see how they break down and how kits are installed. That way if I mess up something its ok the engine was not installed anyway. thanks for the great help.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts