• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Best electric rock crawler for my 6 yr. old?

fyrfytr

I am considering a Rampage MT for myself, but am looking for something for my son this summer. I am thing an electric rock crawler would better suit him, slow crawling instead of fast/out of control.

Which would you say is the best for the money? Redcat rockslide, Exceed maxstone, or any other suggestions? We have some awsome terrain here on our ranch that I think would suit a crawler great.

Thanks for any input.

Obeast44

Banned
The RS10 is a very solid MoA Crawler. It can be made a VERY capable rig. Just add some good quality tires and wheel weights and youll be pleasantly surpised by the results.

fyrfytr

Anyone familiar with the Exceed Maxstone? I can't find many reviews besides the youtube one. I'm thinking the RS10 would work pretty nice, I know it's for crawling but what's the top speed? How about battery run time?

Thanks

fyrfytr

How about the rockslide super crawler? I like the BIG size, is it "too much" for a kid to handle? Not real worried about that because I will be enjoying it with him, just don't want to get something that's too complicated for him to drive.

Ron E

Contributor
fyrfytr said:
How about the rockslide super crawler? I like the BIG size, is it "too much" for a kid to handle? Not real worried about that because I will be enjoying it with him, just don't want to get something that's too complicated for him to drive.
i've got one my 7yr old daughter drives up and down 2 flights of stairs, up the couch and chairs... and anything or anybody the she can get to... :D

fyrfytr

i've got one my 7yr old daughter drives up and down 2 flights of stairs, up the couch and chairs... and anything or anybody the she can get to... :D

That's good to here, I like the looks of the rockslide super crawler due to its large size. I think any of the cars I'm considering would be great for a starter!

fyrfytr

I'm also now considering an Axial SCX10 TR, as I will probably do just as much trail/misc. driving as pure rock climbing. Any input on this truck??

twisted - bones

Regardless of what you get , make sure parts are easy to come by. Some of the ones you mentioned (will not name them) can be a bear to get parts for.

Outside of that, go big! crawlers are fun on those rainy days you have to stay inside. my house is practically a terrain park.

fyrfytr

Still leaning towards the Axial SCX10 TR honcho for my terrain. So far, I have read MANY great reviews on this scale crawler for all around use. Again, I don't plan on comps., just looking for quality and longevity.

I do like the large size of the rockslide supercrawler though!

forist

Contributor
I own a Rockslide RS10 1/10 Scale Crawler with wheel weights and RC4WD X-lock tires ,Proline 2 stage memory foam. I put 2 new BaneBots RS390 Motor's in they work a lil better than stock. Besides a bit of clod stall I like it. This thing crawls over about anything. Bigger Batt and better servo's are a must :)

No Moa

Traxxas summit, is the way i'm going, it's not a total crawler, but it's waterproof, assmbled, and ready to go.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts