• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Best belt drive for Rampage XT

Dobber72

I've been looking at belt drives on eBay and everything I've found has been in German or some other language,I was wondering if anyone on here knows which belt drive would be the best for a rampage xt with a 8000 rpm clutch?If anyone has any info I'd sure appreciate it.Thank you and have a great day.

sunoco

these came out years ago. back in the day you had a choice of ratios. the ones i looked at now are all 1 to 1 ratio. "geared" far-far to high-- unless you do all your driving in the middle of the salt flats -going for some redcat land speed record- lol. It is a good idea, and a worth while option to have though- The belts can be bought here in america easly- its the pullies- Gotta wonder if we could get 7075 -rc to cnc up these with assorted ratios-- ??? nice spelling huh?? decent command of english-- but the spelling--

Phill

these came out years ago. back in the day you had a choice of ratios. the ones i looked at now are all 1 to 1 ratio. "geared" far-far to high-- unless you do all your driving in the middle of the salt flats -going for some redcat land speed record- lol. It is a good idea, and a worth while option to have though- The belts can be bought here in america easly- its the pullies- Gotta wonder if we could get 7075 -rc to cnc up these with assorted ratios-- ??? nice spelling huh?? decent command of english-- but the spelling--

Been running this one for years on my DR
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Belt-Drive-V5-1-1-fur-HSP-Himoto-Amewi-Pitbull-X-Tuning-HD-Top-Neu/161517555988?hash=item259b325114:g:HOgAAMXQs~ZRloiO
It will give you a higher top end on an XT but who wants to go slow right?
Use Google translate to talk to the guy.
He'll take 70 euros if you offer it. (Dunno what that is in US but at least it's a discount)

westsiderkg

What are the belts exactly? do you have a replacement part number for the 1:1 they are now selling? tks!

Dobber72

G-Man

What are the belts exactly? do you have a replacement part number for the 1:1 they are now selling? tks!
I found a USA supplier for the belts. I found on their website that they offer a variety of materials used to make their belts. The original belt is rubber and fiberglass which this company makes. They also make a polyurethane belt with steel braids rather than fiberglass. I bought two of the polyurethane belts to try on my MT and Dunerunner. One thing I came to the understanding of. There are a few guys with the stock Redcat engine complaining about low end bog using the belt system because of the higher final drive ratio. Upgrading the engine to a quality Zenoah eliminates that low end bog. I use a g320 Zenoah in both and very happy with the engine and belt combo. My MT does 45mph. Here is a pic of the stock rubber belt next to the polyurethane one. 20171222_172853.jpg

sunoco

Epic find!!! Thank you. I have a build in garage. Zen 290 will be used. Bought a esp piston via ddm in utah. It has a modded skirt, reshaped dome-- I will leave the squish clearance factory stock and see how it goes.

Phill

Epic find!!! Thank you. I have a build in garage. Zen 290 will be used. Bought a esp piston via ddm in utah. It has a modded skirt, reshaped dome-- I will leave the squish clearance factory stock and see how it goes.

I run the 290 in my DR
Great motor

Impalassman

awesome i just ordered a couple of these belts , hope they last for me on my MT im a noob to the gas RCs

Phill

which drive pulley would you recomend i run with the belt drive they have 5 different ones that can be ordered for it?

Be very careful what you order.
It must say Redcat or it will have 10mm holes in the pulleys.
Redcat shafts are 8mm.

Impalassman

G-man I see you have the team chase diaphragm filter every where I look i see they are out of stock where could I find one.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.