• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Maverick Blackout belt drive system

Pricesredcatmt

Can I ask everyone what is the best gas mixing to use I've hear many many different mixs lol but after break in , when in the engine idles it sounds great but when I try to take off it takes a min to clear out then it runs fine,

Attachments

• 20191203_175609.jpg
    20191203_175609.jpg
    229.3 KB · Views: 1

Pricesredcatmt

25to1 is what I've been doing but people say you want just a little smoke not alot, but mine smoke like crazy and I have the carb needles set to factory,

Phill

Factory settings are just a starting point to get it going.
Now it's time to tune it for running.
If you have too much smoke you're running rich and need to turn the LSN clockwise.
As you lean it the idle will increase so you may need to adjust the idle screw as well.
Use small adjustments 1/16 of a turn at a time.
You should see a little smoke so you know you're getting oil to the motor but not a lot.
25:1 is fine.

Dansyco

I agree with Phil. LSN give it 1/8-1/4 turn clockwise.

Pricesredcatmt

I seen that there is a kit that you can buy for some engines but didn't know if there was for the stock engine to make more power out of the stock like this pic

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191203-204956.png
    Screenshot_20191203-204956.png
    299.6 KB · Views: 2

Pricesredcatmt

I didn't shim them it look pretty straight but I will look at it before trying it out when weather clears up, I installed new super bee kill switch also took the Dynamite kill switch out, it was working fine but hear a lot of bad things about it

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.