• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

belt drive system

ika

Hi,

Does it worth to switch Belt-drive System on MT?

Does it really gives any performance gain?

I never had any failure on stock gear system,does belt-drive is reliable enough?

RampageHopUps

The gears have gotten better and stronger in the last year since the heat treat has changed. But the belt drive seems to be a tough alternative.

phreerider

bringing back up this belt drive thread, any source on parts ?or esp. details for sizes.

automation direct web site seems to have the goods , just the size is in question.

thought i would give this go on the unit any suggestions would be great thanks

phreerider

good find , its half of what i had already found . looking though a pulley /belt source may get it down to $30-40 !

once i get the measurements and ratios "ranges " definitiely will get a set.

the automation supplier has pulleys for about $10-15 each. i have already ordered some parts to start the kit and get started.

i wanted a belt drive immediately when i first saw on RCDAD's site a few years back but had not had that much trouble with it so kinda lost interest but looking for different stuff to change it up.

thanks Phil.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts