• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Been a While

RCLEFTY13

Was up man nice rig u know about the 30 cc chimera engine my piston got scored and no run anymore u think I should replace whole engine or rebuild any better engines out there ?

bbuzzard

Contributor
U can replace with a new head-kit...there's vids on YT. BTW, there are definitely better engines but the stock one ain't too bad if you follow the maintenance process. Get a Zenoah or a new CY (Chung Yang) engine if you can't sort out your current situation.

RCLEFTY13

Thanks for replying man much appreciated I only ran my rig a handful of times had it less than 3 months so imo don’t really think it’s a great engine which engine would be a direct bolt on with no mods

bbuzzard

Contributor
I'm not sure what the specs on your engine. You need to work it out with Redcat. Unless you didn't follow the proper break-in, it is unacceptable for that to engine fail that early.

RCLEFTY13

Red cat said that since it was running and then broke it’s on me

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.