• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Bearings

timmy122377

Where can i get a set of bearings for the gear plate, all the bearings in my gearplate are bad

jeffp83

I use rubber sealed KML bearings from this store on eBay. They have all the sizes that are required for our trucks. The bearings are very cheap here, about $1.50/pc. So far so good on my rampage! The rubber sealed bearings should last longer than the metal shielded ones.

Last edited by a moderator:

DemonRC

jeffp83 said:
I use rubber sealed KML bearings from this store on eBay. They have all the sizes that are required for our trucks. The bearings are very cheap here, about $1.50/pc. So far so good on my rampage! The rubber sealed bearings should last longer than the metal shielded ones.
You better watch out for the rubber shield bearings on the clutchbell if you do not have a alloy plate. The heat will disintergrate em once your clutch spring starts to loosen up.

jeffp83

DemonRC said:
You better watch out for the rubber shield bearings on the clutchbell if you do not have a alloy plate. The heat will disintergrate em once your clutch spring starts to loosen up.
Thanks Demon, didn't think about that. I do have the alloy plate already... is it better to run metal shielded bearings in the gear plate anyways?

DemonRC

Techincally the rubber shielded bearings are better since we run in a dirt enviroment. The problem with them is:

1) 22mm's are typically rated only to 22K RPM whereas the metal sheilds are rated to 30K+

2) The rubber shield is succeptable to heat failure around 250 degrees F.

So if you have an alloy plate, just run the rubber. Personally I run metal since they have less drag and they are not in a part of the car that gets really dirty. My diff bearings and defintely my wheel bearings are all rubber shielded. Metal shields bearing don't last long there.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.