• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Battery!!!!

Aundre3000

Ok guys just got to run my tt for the first time today and I see the difference in it the longer I run it! how long will the stock battery last i charge mine over night (12hours) and got to run my tt for about a half a tank of fuel today!

Should I charge it for about 2hour or is it like a cell phone run

until is dead and charge?

I thank I really like this buggy and had it for 3days now!!!!

:confused:

racetruck

run them down till you see the steering moving slower and you should make a light bulb set to run the batterys all the way down

Aundre3000

Ok guys!

Also what is a ligth bulb set?????

I am getting some upgrades next week battery is on the list along with a filter, prefilter, pull start cover shock covers. Out of these items what do you recomend? I plan to get all this from large scale rc! Also an x can pipe.

What charge should I get that can charge it in a hour or two?

dozer187

i have a 5000mah battery also im usin the onyx 220 charger and it charges it full in roughly an hour....i think i payed about 50 dollars for it

hamster huey

Light bulbs are automotive light bulbs I think 1157. You can make your own and I think Deans has a kit. I think they pull 2-2.5 amps per bulb on a 7.2v pack so Id watch your amp draw if your pack has Tamiya connectors.

Last edited by a moderator:

racetruck

here's my light bulb set that i made take 1157 automotive bulbs and some number 12 soild copper wire ( house wiring ) i also made one with automotive 194 sidemarker light bulbs here is some pics

1157 light bulbs

P7070050.jpg

194 light bulbs (side marker)

P1270250.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Aundre3000

Ok I see how but why do you want to run it aoll the way down?

What are the benifits to this?

Do you do it every time the battery needs charging?

Do I have to do this to keep the battery good?

KoldFeat

I have a Triton charger that will automatically discharge the battery and then charge it again which helps in maintaining the batteries in good operating condition.

rpking

How long does it take to discharge a 6 volt 5000 NIMH receiver pack using light bulbs, and 1157 or 1156 are 12 volt bulbs so is that how it works to discharge faster, do the bulbs even light up much? Just trying to understand.

muley

mp3jeep said:
^ great question, I'm also curious
Well, it's a 5 amp hour pack, so at 5 amps it would take about an hour. Not sure what 7 x 1157's draw @ 6v, but I would guess it's close to that, keeping in mind you wouldn't necessarily be starting from a full charge. Someone put their ammeter on one and see. Also I'm not sure you are supposed to run them down flat, my chargers on the auto cycle bring them down to 1 or 1.1 v/cell on discharge, and chargers these days are pretty "smart"

NIMH's don't need to be cycled very often if they're in service, they don't develop memory from short cycles. That's kind of the selling point for rx packs. With Nicads in the old days of rechargeable it was much more important to run them right down as often as possible.

How big is the battery box in these things?

rpking

Thanks Muley for the explanation, I know I have read about cycling batterys before you use them to kinda get them "broke in" I don't know if I believe that or not but I understand better now. As for the size of the battery box, I don't know. I am waiting on my truck to arrive!!!

hamster huey

Like muley said nimh short cycles under low amp loads like running 2-3 servos in a Rampage isnt going to give them noticeable memory effect. For the Rampage application conditioning is really helping capacity. Cycling will get you your full capacity. My digital servo'ed Rampage used under 500mah per tank so I could get four tanks out of 2000mah but ran 3 to be safe.

Batteries need to be cycled and stored properly to perform their best. Even if your running lipos because they have amp memory.

Those lightbulbs will get very very hot so discharge safley.

camo

I have a dynamite 2s 2000 mah 25c battery with a voltage regulator, not only gets the truck rid of weight but each charge last much longer.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online