• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Battery Pack Info

detrailers

What r the specs and type of the stock batt pack... Looks like 5 cells... Is it NIMH and how many MAH...

Doozer

Still not enough, lasts about a tank and a half maybe. I have a 3.8 amp LiFe battery I'd like to throw in there but it's about 3/4" too long. I'ts dry in the desert, I might just cut the back end out and figure a way to strap it in. I know Secraft makes an aluminum battery tray that screws into air frames and has straps:

http://www.secraft.net/shop/step1.php?number=1210 or maybe I could run a couple of smaller LiFe's in parallel. There's room for a couple of 1.8 amp LiFe batteries. I don't know man, but I know I'm over this, and I haven't had this car very long.

GJB56

RampageHopUps said:
Get a 5000 Baja battery from DDM. Lasts twice as long and isn't dangerous.
I assume the Baja battery is a direct fit? One of my concerns is the $2 stock charger. Do you have any charger recommendations where I don't have to worry about overcharging?

Ice_2k

Ildy666

The stock charger is fine but slow charger. it charges the cells at a low charge but it's good for the battery packs to get a long slow charge compared to a fast charge.every once in a while I use it just for that reason.

rcgasser

Slow charging is fine but to get the most out of your battery and for the battery to last the longest you need a charger that will cycle the battery. I cycle my batteries every other month 3 times and your batteries will last forever.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts