• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Battery Pack charging issue...

brio

Hi Guys. I have a venom 5 cell 5000mah hump pack for my XT. I just got it maybe a month ago. I used to charge it @ 4amp rate but then after like the

5th charge, I noticed it was making light sizzling noises and getting real hot. :eek: So, I immediately disconnected it and put it in the freezer to cool off. I then ran it for about an hour and it was fine. The next time I changed charge rate to 2amps and while charging for a while, it started to make sizzle noises again but very softly and it was just warm. I disconnected and cooled it down and ran it some time and it was ok. :confused: I really hope I didn't ruin the battery. Should I charge it @ 1amp to be safe and just remove it before it gets too warm? Or is this normal, sizzling? I'm using a dynamite peak charger, nothing special, its old but works. Thanks in advance.

BTW, all this happens before it beeps to indicate full charge

Last edited by a moderator:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts