• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Battery modifications

Chimera2017

I have a chimera and the battery is a pain to get to is there a way I can splice and solder to put the connector outside the box to charge that way or is it a bad idea please list potential hazards and or concerns with doing this I'd greatly appreciate it.

Jonny5

I soldered in the old school 9.6 end in line. Then cut small hole in side of battery box then epoxy it sticking half way out. The plastic part of the connector is what is epoxy to the box it self. Then a bit of rtv on inside to seal out water. As long as you stay out of salt water and don't put anything conductive inside connector. Should be fine. Only way you could short is doing something dumb. Like shorting it out intentional. Lol. You will need to clean out connector before charging with air compressor. Or could get creative with like a small vacuum line cap or something similar to cover connector if u are worried. Works great tho.

designed2survive

As long as it soldered properly and the wire are color coded are kept original, I don't see a problem with it.

Keeping the wire color coded factory will help the next owner if you ever sell it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.