• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Battery connector won't fit? Sure it will...

Trip..

I've seen this many times, you bought a new receiver battery and it won't plug into your receiver switch. I've read all sorts of ways guys go about trying to fix it. I've seen guys re-soldering wires, trying to seperate the wires from the connectors and all sorts of different ways... Here's a very simple procedure to remedy that simple problem.

Your new Battery has this connector.

5eeaeaea.jpg

But you need it to go into this...

3a1de80a.jpg

Cut the unused port off with a pair of dykes. Not the kind you meet in a bar, but wire cutters. Make it look like this.

b4af9f04.jpg

Problem solved...

bf242a61.jpg

See that wasn't so hard was it, just one little snip and the problem goes away. LOL.

Last edited by a moderator:

Trip..

Yup, 25 years ago when I got into this hobby, you couldn't find different adapters, you had to make them.

ChuenouXiao

Trip.. said:
Yup, 25 years ago when I got into this hobby, you couldn't find different adapters, you had to make them.
:D Dam you!!! Now you tell me after I just pulled both wires out of the adapters of my new and old battery and swap em. Then cutting and re-wiring my switch wire to my battery. It was a direct link now from switch to battery :( You know... I thought about clipping it like you did here... but didn't do it cause it might not work well and looks unprofessional... but I should of done it!

Last edited by a moderator:
G

REVOlutionary Rampage said:
A dremel could be used to trim the plug as well.
I tend to use my teeth a lot. :D

Trip..

ChuenouXiao said:
:D Dam you!!! Now you tell me after I just pulled both wires out of the adapters of my new and old battery and swap em. Then cutting and re-wiring my switch wire to my battery. It was a direct link now from switch to battery :( You know... I thought about clipping it like you did here... but didn't do it cause it might not work well and looks unprofessional... but I should of done it!
I was going to post this up on your thread, but I figured I'd start my own.

Nothing looks unprofessional when it's plugged in, you can't even see the cut.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts