• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Battery Charger for Volcano Exp Pro?

Sinist3r

Hey all. Well as luck would have it, I was able to order a Volcano Epx Pro for my son. After about 6 months of him obsessing about it, my wife gave me the thumbs up to order it for him as his big gift for Christmas. It showed up today before I went into work. The battery wall charger that comes with it stock, will not cut it. I'm sure he will be much happier with a charger that takes 20 mins Vs. 8 to 10 hours. I've done some poking around on the net, and found the I max 6 charger. I'm not going to get him going on the lipo just yet, as he needs to learn to drive the truck on the stock battery. That being said, does anyone have any experience with this charger? How long does it take to charge the stick nimh battery? How long will it take to charge a 2s lipo? As always, your guys help is greatly appreciated. Also, what are my options with a 2s as far as mah ratings?

Deluge

Charge time will depend on the charge rate you select. I use an Accucel 6, which is pretty much the same thing and it's pretty good.

Sinist3r

Another question. I've also been looking at a parallel charge board to use in conjunction with the imax 6. I know you can charge up to 3 lipos with it. Can you charge nimah battery as well? As in say 3 of those battery's at the same time with the board?

Ildy666

The imax 6 is 4 separate chargers in one case. The boards are only for lipo balance charging. But u can charge 4 different battery types at once using the 4 separate chargers.max is 6 amps on that charger.

Sinist3r

Nice. I've landed on this charger, going to submit and order next week. I'm thinking it should only take about 30 mins or less to charge a 2000 mah nimah battery, so it will pick up another battery at some point. I've already spent enough on him for Christmas, gotta finish up presents for my two girls.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.