• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Baja Style Spur Gear

hamster huey

I was thinking about the Rampages 4 gears it uses to move. Maybe if it had a Baja style spur it would be able to engage the gears a little softer while still accelerating aggressively and also help with jump landings. On a baja once the clutch engages at X,XXXpm it then goes through a two piece spur with soft rubber inbetween the two pieces, then the power is transferred to the rest of the drivetrain. That would be of great benefit to anyone upgrading to more power. The baja drivetrain is still all directly connected but it has rubber damper also which can give a little bit for protection. I wish my baja had one to save a little on the wear and tear.

monsterman

That's is definitely a cool idea and maybe it can be done. Just gotta find someone with some machining skills to pick this up.. I have been bitten by the Redcat bug although I love my Baja's I recently had the chance to get my hands on the new Rally and well I am hooked. I've done nothing but look at their MT and buggy now.. Oh its a sickness I think..

Anyhow let me get in touch with some guys and see what they might be able to come up with..

DemonRC

With a gear large enough to incorporate rubber pads the problem would be to get them to fit the gear plate and keeping the drive ratios intact. The problem with the current gears is that they are too small for pads.

I'm sure there's a way to get something to work. Since I'm from Texas my IQ is too low to figure it out :D . Hey I got it. What about some kind of slipper system between the B and C gears. If not a slipper maybe a way to incorporate padding. Better yet how about the aluminum drive square that the B/C gear mount to be made of a hard rubber. Maybe that square could be aluminum cored with a rubber jacket around it. That should allow the B/C gears to twist some and assorb some torque.

Last edited by a moderator:

DemonRC

RampageHopUps said:
A slipper is almost done for the baja, I will get that design and see if we can modify it for the Rampage.
It's probably alot easier to do on the Baja since the spur gear has alot of surface area. Maybe we can do something with the center diff.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts