• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

baffled by motor gremlins

chrispc66

Is it possible you have some very low octane fuel, and how did the new mix go. I run 25:1 and 813 carbs. Could it be a jet blockage? Try a new carb and while you're at change out the little manifold to a CNC item.

One other thing that springs to mind is timing. Have you added one of those advance keys. I've been told by a reliable source the redcat motors are already advanced stock.

Good luck mate, but I believe it's a fuel or carb issue.

travmess

As far as i kno it has the stock flywheel key in it and its not a stock redcat motor. The fuel is the same i used to run before switching to 100 octane race gas and we both use the same oil castor 927 mixed 25:1 i tried a carb off my truck that i kno works and still did the same thing even tried different manifold. Havent tried diff fuel yet got tired of the headaches and swapping the motor out for now since we have to race this weekend

travmess

Ill pull the flywheel tonight and have a look see mb whoever built the motor didnt get the key in right and pushed it out the back and the flywheel waited til now to spin on the crank

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts