• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Are my steering servos burnt out?

imaudi5000

I know there are a ton of threads about steering servos, but I wanted to share a video of mine and see if anyone could tell me what actually happened.
I noticed the steering was super slow and whining after a run a couple weeks ago and thought it was just a low rx battery (stock everything btw) so I charged the battery with the stock charger and then it still behaved the same way...
Are the servos burnt out beyond repair or is there something I can do to salvage them? Replacing them is fine too I'm just curious how/why this happened?
PS. Not even a gallon of gas has been thru the truck since I got it in December

Here is my YouTube video of them in action

Thwmathue

The stock servos are weak to begin with, and don't last very long judging by how slow they act its time to replace them. There is a website that compares the different servos ( I can't recall the address off hand) that will give you a good comparison of which will work best for you. I personally prefer savox servos myself but anything is better than the stock redcat servos.

imaudi5000

Ok thanks for the info ?
I'll see if I can find that site

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts