• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Anyone using a LiPo?

Blackout

Hi all,

I realised that my Hitect steering servos can take 2cell LiPo batteries and that it can improve the overall performance. I was wondering if anyone is using a LiPo and if so what one and what's the procedure to get the electronics to accepting a LiPo instead of a NiMH? Thanks.

xsocruz

Blackout said:
Hi all,I realised that my Hitect steering servos can take 2cell LiPo batteries and that it can improve the overall performance. I was wondering if anyone is using a LiPo and if so what one and what's the procedure to get the electronics to accepting a LiPo instead of a NiMH? Thanks.
I use a small rx lipo on mine and its been great. I have a high voltage savox for steering and high voltage savox for throttle. I like it better than the nimh rx pack.

Blackout

xsocruz said:
I use a small rx lipo on mine and its been great. I have a high voltage savox for steering and high voltage savox for throttle. I like it better than the nimh rx pack.
I have high voltage steering servos. My concern is that my throttle servo isn't high voltage, would it burn out or is it still okay to use a LiPo?

xsocruz

I had that same question when I was looking into rx lipo. I just bought a high voltage throttle servo just in case. It may kill your standard servo cause they may only be rated to up to 6v. Unless you use a regulator which I don't use.

My Spektrum receiver is rated up to 9.6v so my RX Lipo that goes to 8 something volts is under its ratings. This together with my high voltage servos has allowed me to use the RX Lipo without a regulator.

Just check the voltage ratings of your receiver and servos - if its under 8.4v or there abouts then you will need a regulator or just buy servo or receiver that can take high voltage.

Blackout

My receiver is rated at 4.5-6v, it's a FlySky GT3B I'm using. My throttle servo is a Savox which also only goes up to 6v.

xsocruz

You will not be able to directly connect the RX Lipo to your receiver cause it may fry it. Just google rx lipo regulators to get more info cause thats what you will need to make it work and not fry anything. Cheers.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts