• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Any additives to keep engines clean from carbon??

Petrolheadz100

Just wondering if ypu can add a little marvel mystery or similar in these small engines to keep them clean?

sunoco

Just wondering if ypu can add a little marvel mystery or similar in these small engines to keep them clean?
no. do not add anything. best thing to do? mix the gas & oil ratio @ 25-1. And- go tru the yellow pages in the phone book-- look for bulk plants for gasoline. There, you will find gasoline that has no ethanol in it. Also, there is no need to run high octane race gas in a factory stock engine. It burns too slow. I run 110 octane in a cy-f270. But- the motor has been set up for it.- really high compression. Its in a xb chassis. once the engine is primed up with fuel, i can pick the car up by the starter, and the engine will not hardly turn over!-- This is a great cheap way to make a light xb really kick butt. ---

Petrolheadz100

no. do not add anything. best thing to do? mix the gas & oil ratio @ 25-1. And- go tru the yellow pages in the phone book-- look for bulk plants for gasoline. There, you will find gasoline that has no ethanol in it. Also, there is no need to run high octane race gas in a factory stock engine. It burns too slow. I run 110 octane in a cy-f270. But- the motor has been set up for it.- really high compression. Its in a xb chassis. once the engine is primed up with fuel, i can pick the car up by the starter, and the engine will not hardly turn over!-- This is a great cheap way to make a light xb really kick butt. ---
Will do, i hear some people run cam 2 gas 100 oct.....wonder if i can get my hands on some here in s. Florida

sunoco

Will do, i hear some people run cam 2 gas 100 oct.....wonder if i can get my hands on some here in s. Florida
you will actually lose high rpm power using 100 octane gas in a factory stock engine. It burns too cold & slow.-- same with avation gas. In Florida, just go to a marina and buy regular pure gas- non ethanol gas.--

icemanscold

Go to Lowe's, buy Trufuel. It's 92 octane fuel, and it contains no ethanol. Incredible shelf life. Just add castor 927 oil, mix, and have fun!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online