• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Another question with picture on Phatdad shock kit

chefjness

Guys,

Check this out.

Notice the shock on the left came off a Baja and the shock on the right is from the phatdad kit for the MT. Assembly seems pretty straight forward but need help on this. Notice the "C" clipy thing on the baja shock and how it snaps onto the shock shaft. It clips on because there is a micro indendation around the shaft that the clip goes onto and satys in place. My problem is that the phatdad shaft on the right does not have the indendation for the "C" clip to snap onto. This does not allow the c clip to go on. These clips are included inthe phatdad kit. As you can see I did put together the phatdad shock but obviously I left out the "C" clip. The only difference I see is that the piston ring has just a small aboumt of play.

What are your thoughts?

Thanks,

John

shock2.jpg

RampageHopUps

You do not need the c-clip anymore. The piston sits on a shelf, which is much better than the old c-clip. It would have been too expensive to take the c-clip out of the HPI bag.

MOfroggy

I think that was fixed on the second shipment thanks to Rob's input to the factory ( I didn't know he spoke Chinese until he posted that he was going to tell the factory about the problem.).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts