• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

another project

alfred e numan

Well folks, It took longer than i thought to get this 01 rm 125- 125 for now anyways-- together. It has a nearly new- just had to blast-sand prime-paint- clearcoat the frame. its an 02 frame- gets the cdi out of the air box and up on the steering head. wiesco top end- crank. Here a bit of tuning-- stock pipe - muffler requires 30 pilot, 460 main. This old mount has a pro circut pipe, Nature friendly usfs approved turbine style spark aresstor. At 70 degrees this quiet can required a 17 pilot, needle 2nd groove, 450 main. the air screw still had to be 2 out. this means it could still be leaner on pilot jet-- 15? this is a huge jump in jetting- gotta make it run clean to build any power. has stock compression- so-- 25% VP C-12- 110 octane- 75% non ethanol pump gas @ 32-1 mix. gotta love these 2 strokes- 6 speed, 198 wet no fuel weight. about 38 hp. more or less. its all bout power to weight ratio. 2 strokes forever-- braaappp !! nice dent on the rear rim too-- lol!

alfred e numan

thing is bout converting a moto bike to off road-- its the suspension valving & spring rates, shock, stock, 4.8 kg-mm. my weight for off road-- tight nasty single track trails--factory connection 4.5 kg-mm, 3 stage compression, 3 stage rebound valving. fork is not done-- yet, requires matching valving- shelve the .40 main springs, 1.60 pressure springs. install 1.0 pressure springs- .36 kg-mm main springs, the latest SKS low drag seals- wipers- bearings for starters. yup, its a work in progress--

alfred e numan

thanks Idly--- was hoping you would see this post. Recall dirt bike magazine? super hunky? He has a website. Turns out he was pulling double duty in his time on the dirt bike magazine-- he was also "Mr know it all " !! just use your favorite search engine-- enter super hunky-- you will have to go tru a bit of hassle to find him. its worth the effort, he telles it like it is - about why- and how the valve bangers took over. four strokes. whom honda agliens it self with to push these thumpers-- how the tracks were changed, how the huge expenses of thumpers bankrupted the privateer racers-- and how -- overall how the new wave thumpers actually did more harm to the sport than good-- lots of other reads there also. d.b.

Ildy666

Had my 1988 250R out this weekend.i thought I would be the only stroker in the woods because same thing here all thumper riders but to my suprise I hear a nasty ring pop turns out someone had a twin 350 banshee out.it was nice to see more strokers out but ur right thumpers killed privateer racing.thumper motors cost big bucks to race competivly. ..long live 2 strokes...

alfred e numan

Thumpers

Yea, i agree. I liked the older style thumpers really well-- Xr Series-- TT 500 Yamahas, Suzuki Dr series. These were long stroke engines with lots of bottom end power. Thing is - these new engines are good for about 15- 20 hours in full race mode then they are ticking time bombs. They are for sale everywhere you look too-- ads say- barly used, less than 50 hours-- uhuh- a clapped out motor- about 2,500-- 3 k to rebuild. no thanks. Back in the day- those Cr hondas were the bike to beat. they held together better than all the other brands. Actually- The japan 2 strokes made and still are making 2 strokes - just not sold in north america. Saaayy- I was out on an adventure ride years ago-- Utah, little sahara rec area- there is a humongus dune there, white quartz sand, There were Banshees- and a few Suzuki quadzillas there that were running fuel like a top fuel funny car-- you could hear & smell them miles away!!

alfred e numan

Hurray Germany !!Here is a smoker that will make ANY 4 stroke to run for cover--685Maico. Yup, they are still in making them. about 50 per year of each model. Electric starters are for sissies. lol. VERY heavy boots are required to light off this puppy.

2015 Maico 685.jpg

2015 Maico 685.jpg

/monthly_2015_08/583c607356009_2015Maico685.jpg.3f47f94d76688fc7fcab82074faf0c84.jpg

Ildy666

That Maico looks badass...

Yea I run 100+ octane in mine I have to with the compression ratio

Funny u say that with the smell.because my son was riding the 250 yesterday and the only way to know which direction he went was by the smell of my race gas...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts