• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Another Chimera Build

Phospherus

I bought a new Chimera and before even running it I decided to upgrade some parts. My current parts list is as follows.
  • 7075rc Items
  • Front and Rear shock towers.
  • Front and Rear Diff Housings.
  • Gear plate (Closed not open style) And lay shaft.
  • 7075rc Chassis. (Waiting for it to show up.)
  • Other Items Purchased
  • Standard belt drive from ebay.
  • Redcat Racing front top plate (Gunmetal)
  • Killer RC Roto Start. (I just had back surgery so jerking on a pull start is a no go.)
  • Redcat Racing Aluminum center diff mounts. (Gunmetal)
This my first ever build thread so I will do the best I can to document and add pictures because I know I love pictures of builds.

So other then taking apart the new Chimera. I received my shock towers today and assembled the rear section with the new 7075rc diff housing and shock tower. So I'll include a few pictures of what I have done so far.

The rear shock tower I ordered from 7075rc is not the one pictured on thier site. This one lays the shocks down at more of an angle and goes under the cage. I think this will look great and it went together very nicely. It's just another option they offer and I'm glad he called and asked me which one I wanted.

So a few pictures to start things off.

Uploaded better quality pictures.

Phospherus

Had some time so put the front assembly together. Still need to reinstall the front sway bar. And I'm waiting on my aluminum front top plate and my 7075rc chassis. Here is a few pictures of the front assembly with 7075rc diff housing and shock tower.

GEDC0006.jpg GEDC0007.jpg GEDC0008.jpg

Phospherus

Here is the 7075rc gear plate but it is going to be assembled with the belt drive system. My parts to complete this should be here tomorrow as I purchased a new clutch bell, shafts and brake assembly so I could leave the original drive together. Not pictured but the 7075rc lay shaft mount goes with this also. And a Picture of the Killer RC Roto start installed.

GEDC0001.jpg GEDC0010.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.