• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Aluminum sleeve for Diff joint cup and Center joint cup

MTMIKE

Has anyone tried using an aluminum sleeve over the diff joint cup, center dog bone joint cup or axle CV joints on Rampage MT? I notice the pins get really loose inside and slide one way or the other on the dog bones. Was wondering if a small thin aluminum sleeve and some silicone or even heat shrink to help hold everything together, is worth a try? After mild bashing that is one area I always seem to have to redo. Lock tight on the set screws does not help all that much to hold them together.

Last edited by a moderator:

MTMIKE

Ildy666 said:
I use copper type l pipe fits perfect.there's a thread on it under drive line
You have any pictures or part number of the pipe you are using? Here are several picture of what I was thinking. parts and sleeve.jpg

CV joint.jpg

parts and sleeve.jpg

CV joint.jpg

/monthly_2014_05/583c60709d13d_partsandsleeve.jpg.14be6db7230b09bac6ef7532f2189fdc.jpg

/monthly_2014_05/583c6070a091c_CVjoint.jpg.95fa980b08e810a8486dd089c2be17f5.jpg

Deluge

I believe 7075RC makes sleeves. You could also grind down the middle of the pin a bit so the set screw can lock onto it.

Like this.

Ildy666

Yep that's how I did mine.go to home depot go into plumbing aisle find 3/4" type " L" copper pipe and that's it.bring a diff cup to match it...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts