• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

aluminum c hubs and knuckles don't work.

scooby61

Bought the aluminum c hubs and knuckles to get rid of some of the slop in the plastic parts. Had to go buy shorter bolts for the knuckles as the stock ones don't work. But the bolts thread into the knuckles and if tightened they bind up if loose the spin the bolts loose what's up ??

ika

It needs some alignment and works fine. you have to tighten bolts completely.

use sand paper on top of 50013-Steering Mount , that metal inserts tube goes little up.

When tightening bolts, bolts head must not touch Steering Mount , bolt head must set on metal tube. So between bolt head and Steering Mount mush be little gap.

If its not clear, I will show on pics later.

Last edited by a moderator:

scooby61

Yes your right the little sleeves they sent are too short and the bolt head hit the aluminum. Poorly machined part. Will need to get replacements or grind the steering mount for clearance.

timberbill11

Supporting Member
Alum steering knuckles

I have two sets of the Redcat alum upgrade steering componets which now are in a box with other failed parts.

Reason.... as you have reported the fit is poor ( which was easily fixed), however after the install there was as much slop as with the stock parts.

Disapointing.

The real fix was obtaining the 7075rc componets which were machined with proper tolerances. Good stuff......... nuff said.

scooby61

Fixed with a shim between the knuckle and c hub now the front os smooth with 80% less slop.

brad1161

Was trying to find my pics. I had the same issue. I drilled and tapped the c hub. Installed a set screw and locked the upper and lower screw in place without over tightening

rroberson7805

scooby61 said:
Fixed with a shim between the knuckle and c hub now the front os smooth with 80% less slop.
How do you get a shim between the c hub and nuckel? I'm definitely in need of less slop, lol. Any pic of this? Guessing it's washer on the bolt that holds nuckel to c hub?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts