• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

alm upgrade parts

Jonny5

well ended last year with flipping my dune runner and breaking lower front suspension arm, and top dog bone. I will replace but not sure what would be the best choice. have a couple questions tho.

1 is the alm parts that much stronger

2 if I wreck it again will I just break another part instead of the arm

3 is the alm part even any lighter than the plastic parts

I don't know if I just want to keep braking cheep plastic parts or if it would be better to upgrade parts, now don't get me wrong this thing hit hard... like real hard, thought for sure I did way more damage. any opinions or suggestions would be great

Ice_2k

I was in the exact same position and decided to go for the plastic parts because:

1. Given the force of the impact in my case, something HAD to break (45 degrees impact in 10 inches high sidewalk while running at almost top speed), no way around it, somethink had to absorb the energy of the impact. If I had aluminium suspension arms, it would either have bent/broken the aluminium or broken something else. Or both. At least with the plastic part, it just snapped and that was it.

2. In my case, not being in the US, any small part means waiting 2-3 weeks for replacements so breaking something else each time is not really something that works for me. I prefer to just have the same weak part at the front and stock up on those.

3. As I understand from others, the aluminium parts are heavier than the plastic ones, so upgrading everything would add some weight to the car (not to mention it would cost A LOT)

4. Time will tell if I took the right approach. If I end up breaking those arms too often, I will probably give the aluminium ones a chance.

Ice_2k

To be fair, plastic flexes a lot easier than alloy bends :) So I guess for lighter crashes, aluminium indeed would offer better reliability. But when you really stuff it, something's gonna give. It is what it is.

Jonny5

well it seems that my thought were right. plastic it is. arms are cheap anyways lol. thanks for the input

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.