• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

All the wheel bearings shot before I finished 2nd tank of gas

jacep

The quality of these cars just amaze me. I got the car up an running today after getting my spare parts only to find out all the cages on the wheel bearings have fallen out and every wheel bearing (8 total) are shot. The part that amaze's me most of all is I still haven't made it through my second tank of gas on a brand new car. I've had it less then a week.

92 vert

The bearings and hubs are a known problem on the XT/XB series...no new info here..

Replace the hubs and bearings with a qualitly aftermarket replacements...

I would like some video of you beating this thing to death seeing you have had more problems in 1.5 tanks than I had in the 4 months of owing my XT.

Last edited by a moderator:

rampagemt

I totally have to agree!!! My wife's xts wheel bearings lasted about 5 tanks and then they went so I got the 7075 bearing holders and they hold up great thanks to ol fart

BertR

I replaced my wheel bearings in march with protek from Amainhobby and 7075rc baja adapters and never had a problem since. Run spacers between the bearings or Ol farts adapters and wou will be good to go_One more thing .... shoot some video!! I want to see this xsc in action

G

Wheel bearings, gear plate, and servos are recomended replacements out of the box. As hard as you bash you will want to check out the 7075RC diff cases and chassis.

Cajun

I went the cheap route when I got my used XT and replaced the rear cups with replacement plastic parts and new bearings, after atleast 6 tanks they are still ok, thank goodness but when they do go out I will be upgrading to the 7075 parts and bearings.

Maybe i need to run it harder lol

Darens

There is a reason these cars are the price they are. And besides bearings are a good and cheap upgrade anyway. My T-max bearings werent much better from factory either. And i paid more for that truck than my Xsc.

crpt_keeper

Im a bit confused.

Are you racing your XSC right out of the box? because you are really stressing the break in break in. I have about 3 tanks on mine and I havnt had a single part break.

I unboxed it, spend several days going over every inch of it. Locktite on everything that needed it. Pulled all the steering links and checked the measurements. Clocked all the ball links to get the slop out of them, just basic prep.

My truck is 100% stock, bearings are all tight, servos are holding, (new ones already ordered) heck im even running the stock failsafe till my killer bee arrives.

So either its Operator error or you got that one in a millon lemon.

All the flaming you are doing to the XSC is a bit over the top.

I have had a few ppl contact me questioning the quality.

At the end of the day its an entry level (price) kit.

Its intended to be upgraded, your acting like all of them are crap.

Please stop blaming the XSC.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts