• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

All spin no go

Rsaint

Hi there guys. Sorry I'm here again but something I can figure out. My xt was running today with no problem then all of sudden it stopped running (not moving). I checked all the gears they all spinning. The clutch still in good condition. Shafts are spinning but stil not going. What can it be? Thanks

andyken

Try to lift the front , hold one tire and spin the other...watching the drivetrain / dog bones etc.

Do the same on the rear..could be set screws / bearings / stripped gears?

Have you taken the gear cover off?

G

It is going to be a loose set screw. Possibly on the square gear drive on the D gear or brake hub/coupling. If not that then check if the center dif is spinning. If it is then the dog bones should be spinning. If not the set screw on the drive cups is loose.

Guantanamo Joe

The guys are right... most likely a loose screw. But I had a different problem when this happened to me. The square hub of a rear wheel had been stripped out. Just throwing in another possibility.

Rsaint

Well u guys are all right. I have a loose cup and a broken square hub which ripped the tires itself. So I guess I have to buy new ones. Thanks

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts