• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Air Filters

AlvaSpeed

Lets talk about air filters.

What are you using?

Let me know the good and the bad of each different type.

I am using the billet type.

Good: looks, easy to clean after use

Bad: heavy, clogs easily with loose grass, not enough "area" for air intake

kryptonite

i like the stock filter. easy to clean. i think the hpi filter is the best, but i think it may put extra wear on the carb linkage since you have to cross the linkage so it doesn't bind(only opinion, never ran it on the ramps). i ran the small billit filter from python, but its crap and lets too much stuff thru, so now its in my on-road MT. i think the best set-up for protectrion would be the hpi filter with a redneck and outerwears.

hamster huey

HPI but with a very small notch removed so as Kryto says it does not bind with the throttle linkage. That cures the binding but I still keep an eye on it because every couple of tanks it moves around and I have to take it off and put it on again to keep it tight so it doesn't rotate out of the notch. Weird thing is one always stays put but the one on my second ramp is the one that rotates a tick every couple tanks maybe wore out. HPI dual stage filters do a very good job at collecting dirt.

roccos_van

Make sure you put the outerwares on the hpi filter which is by far your best bet.

FYI I run:

Hpi houseing and inner element

TGN redneck outer element

Outerwares prefilter (elastic band style, not draw string)

Last edited by a moderator:

roccos_van

Oh yeah and as long as your TX has EPA on it you won't wear the carb linkage with the crossover setup

Last edited by a moderator:

Simsy

I use GBE filters on my Baja and my Ramp

Good : Best filter by far outperforms every filter ive tryed including hpi with redneck

Bad : GBE seams to be no where to be found nowadays so I cant get a new one.

forist

Contributor
Hey guys I'm using the 3" Uni air filter with the 1"tall velocity stack and blue outwear, it seems to be working well so far i took it apart after 2 tanks and all is clean. I like that it clamps down rock solid. No probs at all with it after 4 tanks now.

mooky

Contributor
fg air filter

good . fits easily cheap elements

bad. nothing other than removing a roll cage bar for it to fit

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.